Chapter 10

"Angelique?" I whispered out.

"Hmm, took you a while" she smirked and came out of the dark. "No- don't please." I said.
She slowly came over to me and backed me into the kitchen counter.

"JUL-" I began but she covered my mouth. I squirmed and tried to pull away.
"I told you I'd come back" she winked. "W-What do you want from me?" I said as she took her hand off my mouth.

She walked away and sat down at the island. "Well...there are a couple things I want from you" she started. "And those are?" I asked, my voice shaking.

Her smirk grew wider.
"Isn't it obvious?"
My brows furrowed.
"Darling I want-"

"Don't call me that. Only Julia gets to" I snapped. Angelique sighed and stood up walking back over to me. I moved away from her.
She stopped coming towards me and shook her head slowly.

"Fine...I won't come there but if you don't want me hurting you'd sweet fiance of yours...then you have to let me do whatever to you" she whispered the last part.

I quickly looked up at her.
"W-What...no please why are you doing this?" I asked, starting to tear up. Before she answered me I heard someone coming down the stairs. "Don't say anything about this to anyone or I will hurt her...I will listen to every word you speak. " she seethed then winked at me before disappearing.

I was left there, looking like I saw a ghost. "Darling?" I heard Julia whisper as she walking into the kitchen. She saw my state and quickly walked over to me before I fell to the ground crying.
I was shaking and my breathing was slow and raspy.

"Y/n...breath, darling, breath." She soothed as she pulled me into a hug while rubbing my back.
"Breath..." she whispered again. I started to slowly my breathing and soon enough, it was back to normal. She looked at me and kissed my forehead.
"Darling, what happened?" She asked me.

I shook my head. I couldn't say or else she would hurt Julia. "No, y/n tell me please" she said sternly.
"N-Nothing...I thought I saw something." I lied and got off of the ground. She stood up and nodded slowly, knowing that wasn't the reason.

She brought me upstairs and set me down of our bed. "Did Carolyn go back to bed?" I whispered as she got in beside me. Julia brought me into a hug and nodded. I sighed and buried my face in her neck.
"I love you, Julia." I whispered.
"I love you too, my love"

Next morning:

The next morning I woke up without Julia beside me. I shot up and called out her name. "Julia!?"
She didn't respond.
What if Angelique took her?
I got out bed and checked the bathroom. "Julia where are you?"
I ran out of the room and downstairs.

I heard someone cooking. I looked and saw Elizabeth.
"Liz. Have you seen Julia by any chance?" I asked, trying not to sound worried. She shook her head. "Sorry, dear. I haven't."
I nodded and walked outside into the garden.

I walked around the big garden until I got to the hammock that she showed me the night we moved in.
I saw bright orange hair on the hammock. I teared up and ran to her.
"Julia!" I yelled and hugged her tightly.
She looked worried but hugged me back tightly.

"Honey? What's wrong" she asked. I cried harder.
"You weren't there when I woke up! I-I thought you were gone"
"Oh, Y/n. I would never leave you. Why would you think that?" She stroked my hair. I sobbed and shook my head.
"I-I don't know. Please don't do that again" I whispered the last part. She nodded and kissed my head. "Im sorry, darling. I won't do that again".

Julia's POV:

The rest of the day, y/n has been beside me. She wouldn't let me go anywhere without her. I was getting worried about her but I didn't want to ask her about it.
I assumed it had something to do with last night. She wouldn't tell me what happened but whatever happened, she's scared of losing me now.

I cuddled her on the couch while everyone else was out getting stuff. I will talk about it now.

"Y/n?"
"Hm?" She shifted to look at me.

"What happened last night? You don't want to leave my side and I need to know why" I said softly.
She shook her head again and laid back down. I sighed and sat up, making y/n staddle my lap and look at me. She started to tear up so I pulled her into a hug.

"Shh. It's alright. Usually I would say to forget about it but, honey, I need to know what's going on" I whispered. She pulled away and wiped her tears. "I-I can't say...I wish I-I could explain b-but I can't-" she sobbed out.

Her saying this immediately told me someone said something to her last night. Yet everyone was alseep last night when she went downstairs. It was something else...or someone else.
"Did someone say something to you?" I asked carefully. She looked at me but said nothing.

I sighed and kissed her nose. I pulled her into a hug.
"Can that person hear us?" I whispered to her. She nodded and hugged me tighter. Clearly, whoever it was, she was terrified something would happen if she said anything else so, I didn't ask anymore questions after that.

------------------------------------------------

I think what I'm going to do is take a break on posting on this story so I can make pre-chapters and post them everyday of the week next week. I feel like it will be much easier and less stressful to have to write a chapter and get it up on time.