Prologue

Holland and Thomas sat comfortablely on the couch in their house, binge watching 'The Vampire Diaries' for what was probably the 50th time when the sound of the red heads phone caught their attention.

The pair had been friends since preschool and grew up together, so they weren't just close they were like brother and sister. They spent most of their time together and because they work together they decided they should probably live together too, it would surely making traveling alot easier and much cheaper.

"Bet you ten bucks that's headquarters." Thomas grumbles reluctantly pressing pause on the remote.

Holland sighs through her nose, picking up her phone. The pairs eyes fix on the device, grumbling at the contact name, they had hoped that their day off would stay just that but they both knew the agency was an on call job.

Holland lifts her head from where it was rested on Thomas' arm reluctantly sitting up in her seat.

"Told ya." Thomas rolls his eyes leaning his head back on the couch, face towards the ceiling. Holland takes a deep breath before answering the phone.

"Agent Knight." A mans voice sounds through the phone, clear enough for both of them to hear.

"Mr. Graham, how can I help you." Holland glances worriedly at her best friend. Thomas shoots her a reassuring smile before turning back to staring at the ceiling.

"I need you and O'Connor in my office in 20." James orders, his tone made it clear that this wasn't a suggestion. Holland squints her eyes in suspicion, hoping dearly that he hadn't caught on to what they were planning.

"What for?" Holly questions innocently.

"Ill tell you when you get here." Mr Graham ends the call a second later. Thomas looks up at his red-haired best friend, nervously chewing his lip.

"Do you think he knows?" Thomas stresses, running a hand through his dark hair.

A few months ago the two had gone on a mission in downtown New york and had come across a warlock that was loyal to 'Darian', the institutes current problem.

Darian was the one who orchestrated all the attacks on the humans and the institution was on clock 24/7 trying to take him down but it had proved to be quite difficult.

Thomas and Holland were the top agents in their institute, being highly skilled in all types of combat, archery, shooting, hacking and more, so they always got missions involving the bastard.

They had gotten into a massive brawl with the warlock and a few of his buddies, and fortunately for them one of the warlocks accidently let the true identity of Darian slip.

Darian turned out to be the man who the two best friends were taking orders from. The man at the top of the institution who held unlimited power. 'Mr. Graham'.

They were positively shocked by the revelation and had started forming a plan to overthrow Mr. Graham.

"I hope not." Holly sighs getting up from the couch and turning to meet her best friends gaze.

They've been planning against him for months and if he just so happened to stumble upon their plans they were positively screwed and all their work would have been for nothing. Thomas frowns with creased brows, he was really starting to doubt the possibility of them coming out of this alive.

"Come on, stop pouting and get ready we need to go." The red head sends him a bright smile hoping to ease his mind.

No matter what the situation was Holland had always managed to hold the brighest smile and most confident aura around her, it's what Thomas adored most about his her, she wouldn't let anything get her down. She walked like she held the world on her shoulders and handled it like a true queen.