Chapter 11: Dancing with the Devil

I have never been one to back down from a dare or from experiencing something new that was completely out of my comfort zone

I have never been one to back down from a dare or from experiencing something new that was completely out of my comfort zone. Spontaneity often called to me when life became too predictable in my routine. But as I looked at myself in the floor length mirror hung on my closet door, I slightly regretted my need for different and my willingness to jump headfirst into new situations.

"You look hot!"

I smirked, shaking my head at Savannah's reflection behind me through the mirror. She was wrapped in her sheet, with the front tied--an outfit inspired by the other night. Though then, it was a disaster. Now, it was somehow an acceptable outfit choice.

"I swear, the cheesecake you promised me for this better be the best I have ever had."

She chuckled, her cheeks crimson colored as she assessed her outfit.

"This is definitely crazy. I don't normally do anything like this. Do you think we should just stay home?"

I turned around and faced her, moving a few pieces of hair out of her face.

"No Savannah, I don't. This may be a bit out of our comfort zone, but it's also college. Crazy themed parties are all a part of that experience. We're going to have fun! Plus, there's no way Josh will be able to keep his hands off of you after seeing you looking like this."

A slow grin spread across her face as she nodded in excitement.

"I hope you're right! Now come on, let's get going before I change my mind."

I turned back to the mirror for one last assessment. Aaron's white shirt that I had grabbed hung mid-thigh, just above my knee-high black boots. I chose a thin laced nude bra to go underneath to give the appearance of no bra without actually forgoing it and wore black booty short panties underneath. My hair was wavy and tousled to look like bedhead, and I kept my lips a nude color while my eyes had mascara and a bit of gold in the corners to make them pop without going overboard. My outfit screamed sexy, while my makeup screamed fresh and relaxed. It was the perfect combination.

I smiled, nodding in approvement and grabbed my phone. I looked across my body searching for a place to put it. Sighing, I tucked it inside my boot and turned to head out the door with Savannah.

When we arrived at Josh's fraternity house, trash was littered in the front yard, causing me to inwardly cringe, and there were several people standing outside drinking from kegs. Near one of the bushes, someone was bending over, throwing up, and I made a mental note to steer clear of that area. Different colored Christmas lights were strung across the house and pop music was blaring from the inside, making it appear as though the house itself was dancing from the bass.

I glanced over at a very nervous looking Savannah who was eyeing the scene spread out in front of us with a bit of apprehension. She tugged at her blanket, attempting to pull it up more.