Chapter Twenty Six

Rena turned on her stool and looked at him. "What are you looking for Chieftain?" she asked.

"Your husband the king. Do you not share his bed chambers?" Kincaid asked.

"Of course I do but, when Andrew falls prey to one of his drunk stupors or fits I find comfort in the sanctuary of my own chambers," she said.

Rena stood and went to the bed. From the lighting Kincaid could see the outline of her entire body. He could the round of her hips to the swell of her breasts. "Tell me my Lord. Why are you here?" she asked sitting upon the bed.

"My Lady?" Kincaid asked.

"Spare me the lies. I know you are here for more than a simple visit," Rena said, "Are you running from someone?"

"I do not run from anyone. People run from me," Kincaid said arrogantly.

Rena smirked. "A man to take action. A man who is trustworthy," she said. Kincaid saw her eyes scan over him slowly. "Tell me my Lord, does my sister please you?" she asked.

"Yes. She is a loving wife to me and a fair leader to my people," Kincaid said.

"You speak of her so formerly. She must not please you in your bed chambers," Rena concluded.

"I assure your majesty that the Lady Joanna pleases me VERY much in our bed chambers," Kincaid emphasized.

Rena laughed, "It is alright to admit she does not please you. If I had her for a wife I would be displeased as well." What game was this woman playing at? Kincaid wanted to lash out at this young lady and defend his wife. Kincaid remained rooted to his spot in front of the door. "Do you have lovers my Lord?" she asked. What kind of question was that? "Of course not your highness," Kincaid said. She gave him a look. She lifted herself from her sitting position on the bed. She carefully stalked towards him. Kincaid remained in guard. His entire body was tense. She came so close he could feel the force of her breath upon his covered chest. "Would you like one?" she asked. Her hands suddenly found their way upon his chest. "Not particularly," he almost growled. Her fingers found the slit on the front of his tunic where part of his chest was visible. Her finger traced a circle upon his skin. "Do not act as if the idea disgusts you Chieftain. If you will not have me as a lover, then I will have you as one," she said.

"I am bound by the gods to my wife Lady Joanna. Queen or not I will not break that bond," he retorted.

"I am bound to Andrew, but as long as I always return to his bed the gods will not care," she said removing her hands.

"I would find it wise for a queen to bed only her husband the king and not any man she wishes," Kincaid informed.

"If you knew any better you would bed me without question," Rena argued sitting upon her bed.

"The only thing I question is why you wish to sleep with me so badly?" he asked.

"Two simple reasons my lord. I bed men so they will alliance themselves to not just Andrew, but me. I've also heard tales of the largeness and power of a Highlander," she answered, "No further questions. The next time I call upon you, you will return here and bed me."

"And if I do not?" Kincaid tested.

"Do you really wish to know the punishment?" she retorted.

Kincaid remained silent. She had him in a trap. "You are dismissed," she said. Kincaid quickly left out the door. Rena had him trapped and he knew she loved to see him squirm. How he wished to slap that absurd woman. He had to make a choice. Does he bed the queen? Or does he face her wrath?