chapter 13: a bondle of hope

He opens his eyes to find himself back in the tomb he looks at the child then to the gem that is pinned on his scarf. It starts to glow brighter as he hears Amy's whispers saying his name and a child's laughter he takes it off and looks at it in the palm if his hand for a moment. As his eyes start to water.

" this is half of Rose's soul I took it with me not knowing when I am going to see her again. oh how I missed her presence around me . . . Just her being by my side and hear her voice is only enough to make my cold stoned heart beat for the first time. She makes my cold presence feel so warm. But you little one you will experience all of that now you will learn what it is like to love without even knowing it. "

He told the dead child that was in his arms out loud as if he was alive to hear it. He generally place the child down and opens the gem he then holds his hand out to the child as he begins to chant.

" your are born in a world of chaos and war. You will see tragedy and death. You will witness the mistakes I've made and will have to fix them on your own. But do not fret my son for I will be here to help guide you on your journey till my last days are up. "

Shadow says in his own head. As to pinkish white light flows out of the gem and surrounds the child then it enters inside through his nose and mouth till the light was never seen .

" so please my son wake up. cursed or not I want you here, you do not deserve this. This isn't your fault this is not your doing so why. . . . Why . . . Why are you not waking up. . . "

The child's skin faded from pure blackness to a white grey color. It than began to cough then finally cry, as shadow held him so tightly to his chest, he could hear his son breath finally.

As he walk in the castle halls with the child in his arm shadows eyes and cheeks was stained with tear tracks and the servants and guards bowed in his presence they never seen shadow act this way. He finally made it to his room where Amy rest her head .He walks to and sits on the beside her on the edge of the bed. And looked at her. He glides his hand through her quills she then slowly awakes and looks at him giving him a gentle he couldn't help but cry he hid his face from her and carefully gives the child back to her She gently cupped her hand on his cheeks and gently moves his head to look at her. She could see his eyes glowing softly and heavy tears roll down his face. Her eyes glowed softly as well as she cries Shadow wraps his arm around her as she held the child in the other. Their tear falls onto the child's face as Amy rest her head on Shadows chest and shadow rest his chin on Amy's head as . Hours passed mama lulu walks in hugging the both of them Congratulating them while she too is in tears. Mama lulu and shadow stands in the garden looking up at the stars.

" my boy lives thank the gods "
He says sighing in relief. Mama lulu smiles at him gently.

" yes I'm very happy for you and lady Amy you two have come a long way even though it has been nine years since you two seen each other and eight years since Prince Mephiles disappearance ."

Shadow looks at her then to his hands.

" his soul grew cold and and small. he won't rest until I am dead. It's funny looking at him is like looking in my own reflection. His heart is filled with darkness. Rose did her best to love and care for him. I may assume that it was never enough for him. So this what my father wanted? To kill me off by the hands of my own son? so he would take over the kingdoms. To have power for all eternity? To see his subjects suffer to their knees before him? To have his allies fear him? Am I really weak to my father eyes? How must I stop this if I don'tknow what he wants out of me."

He sighed . Lulu place shadow's head on to her chest. She carefully runs her paws across his quills while he hears her heartbeat. He took a deep breath to relax himself.

"My lord you are the king. The protector of this kingdom and a leader, you know what is best for your subjects weak or cursed your heart is strong your soul is the most powerful, your father and son may not understand but in due time they will. So do not fret child you are much stronger than you know. "

As Shadow walk through the halls the quotes of lulu's words echoed in his mind like a broken record. He felt relief in his heart but at the same time determined in a way, he reached to his room where Amy held the new heir in her arms. She smiled at him gently then looks up at Shadow, she raises her hand up to him signaling him to come to her. Shadow walks to her kneels down to get a better look at them. He then looks at the child who was sound asleep.

"Do you have a name for him?"

He asked as he strokes the child's cheek feeling the warmth on his fingertips fills him with joy. Amy smiles at him and giggles a bit.

" it is a silly name but I do love the name silver the color on him is so pure to me it would a waste if he was never recognize by it. "

Shadow nodded as he looked at her for a moment.

" silver it is "

He says as he leans over to her for a kiss. He kisses her softly while wrapping his arms around her,Amy leans her head on his chest feeling his embrace she closed her eyes hearing his heartbeat.

" I wish to stay like this forever "

She whispered quietly in Shadows ear. He closed his eyes shut and held her tightly in his arms.

" I know my Rose, but you the biggest target to our enemies you must stay hidden away from plain sight."

Shadow claimed which made Amy tense up from stress. She gently push away from him if she was able to walk in that moment she would have walked away from his cruel words, instead she looked away while cradling her new son.

" I do not wish to hide anymore lord Shadow"

She says boldly her voice was shaky a bit knowing it was the first time she ever disobeyed his orders. Shadow flinches a bit startled by her words , he then clears his throat while he looked the out the window.

"What do you mean by your wishes Rose? Are you disobeying me? "

Shadow asked in a husky deep tone. The two didn't make eye contact to each other as Amy's body trembled in fear knowing she would be dead if she disobeyed the king.

" y-yes I am, I. . .I do not wish to go back to the temple. . .no I . . .I refuse to go back.!"

In that second Amy felt Shadows hands griping on to her shoulders she could feel his eyes staring directly into her soul, she could hear his anger grunts and growls which, as powerful as he is he could snap her neck at any giving moment if she let out one more word from her mouth. Her heart was racing her stomach felt queezy and her lips trembled, she looked at silver not knowing what to say next.