33: Half-siblings

Hi. uhhh so i'm not dead. I just lost interest and ummm yeah loads of these books were from when i was younger and i mostly fell out of these fandoms but i think i owe to publish this chapter since i did do so much of it already. Wink wink i might finish this one.  I no longer have the header/banner i used for this book. So for once you don't need to scroll to find the chapter.

Enjoy !

———-

Blonde children had to be born evil.

That's it.

It's the only explanation for the situation thar Kikyo had been dragged into.

(Ignoring the fact her own hair is maybe only one colour wheel centimetre away.)

"We're here," Kikyo looked across at the girl across from her, a feeling of childish betrayal stirring in her chest. Her eyebrows furrowed deeply and she felt her lips thin in discomfort and disbelief as her gaze drifted to her older woman in the room. "I brought her here."

"Hello, Kikyo." She did not grace with her a reply, opting to pick the woman apart with her eyes.

Looking her up and down, it would be stupid to deny that Uzara was pretty, a woman from what Kikyo assumed was a lower ninja clan family.
Dark hair and eyes with a slightly tan complexion. Nothing hideous but nothing notable either. A conventional common town beauty, you could say.

"Heh." Kikyo snorted quietly, looking to the side and a small pettiness overtook her as she sized the Yamanaka matriarch up and down. Mother was always prettier.

"Hello," She could practically envision the woman's teeth grinding together. "Kikyo."

She failed to give the wanted response.

"Oi," An elbow shoved her side. "Don't be rude."

"Dear, it's fine."

The elbow shoved harder.

"Why are you ignoring me ? I know you can hear me." Uzara still had that irritating look on her face and Kikyo didn't even blink, opting to look around the room out of pure spite when the elbowing swiftly turned into a hasty shaky grip on her shoulders . "Listen to me—" Ino's face entered her vision and Kikyo watched as it was growing pinker. She felt her body being rocked surprisingly fiercely by tiny hands on her shoulders. "You're being mean!"

"Dear, it's completely fine." Wrong words to say to a child who's been blessed with the title of heir. "No need to be so upset."

"No! She needs to stop being rude!"

"I-Ino, calm down."

Kikyo counted down from five, admiring the numerous paintings on the walls.

"She's being rude !"

A simpler room for the head family, a pair of cups and a clay teapot. She let her eyes wander elsewhere and saw that they were in a tearoom, perhaps a greeting place for the lower branches.

"It's nothing new—-"

"Mama !—" She heard a fervent sigh from Uzara as she got up from the floor before the other child was manhandled from the room with a huff.

The room fell into a collective silence and Kikyo averted her gaze.

"Hello, Kikyo." Uzara sat gracefully, her teacup delicately held between slender fingers. She beckoned her to sit opposite to her, "How have you been?"

Kikyo shuffled uncomfortably and took the teacup offered, "I've been fine."

A dainty laugh. "That's good."