Cake Crisis

"I don't know why I'm feeling butterflies in my stomach"

"That's because it's your first day of college"

"Yeah bro but I'm hella scared"

"Relax Rii! Nothing is going to happen. Trust me. I'll be back in 10 minutes. Go and get ready soon"

So yeah let me introduce myself first. I'm Riyaz Aly and I'm 18 years old. I recently shifted to my cousin's house in Paris because of dad's job. He is my cousin's brother. My dad is a businessman but he's not so proud of me because I don't have any interest in the business. I love arts and paints. I'm now going to study with my cousin in his college.

............

"So all set?" asked Jack with a smirk.

"Kind of" I replied by taking a deep breath.

We moved inside the college. I can feel the warmth of the air. Everything is so perfect. The walls with paintings. The students gossiping. The professors seem to be good. How will the other students treat me? Will anyone be my friend though? All these thoughts were just roaming in my head. But when I just entered my classroom what I saw was so unexpected. A girl was cutting a cake and all the class fellows were standing and singing a happy birthday song. There was no professor there.

"Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday Our Dear Yn, Happy Birthday To You" all the students were singing in happiness.

"Is she a celebrity?" I asked giving a confusing smile to Jack

"Kind of! She's Yn Roy. The most lovable student of professors and even all the students. She's just so cool" Jack said in a dreamy way

Suddenly all the students started playing with the cream of the cake. I was just standing there and noticing. Yn was about to fire cream towards a girl but she bent down and thud!!! The very next second I was bathed with cream.

"What the hell! Don't you have any manners?" I said with anger and frustration.

Yn widened her eyes and said "Who are you to teach me manners? Don't you know who I am? Are you new to our place?"

"I'm sorry on behalf of Rii. You're right he's a new student and is also my cousin" Jack said coldly

"Why are you being sorry bro? She should.." I was about to say but Jack got me out from there.

I was so mad at her. How stubborn is she? I should apologize for her mistake? Like seriously? Do I look like a fool to her? Wait, for what? Why I'm behaving weirdly. Ugh! Let me wash my face.

I got fresh and just realized that I'm late for the class on my first day.

"May I come in professor!" I said breathing heavily.

"New student?" asked the professor by raising his left eyebrow.

"Umm... Yes Professor" I hesitated

"Late on the very first day? Anyway come in but make sure this won't happen again. Introduce yourself."

"I'm Riyaz Aly," I said faking a smile.

"Not Aly that's alien," Yn said with a smirk.

"Yn" the professor raised his voice.

"Go have a seat"

I was just so irritated by her. Her evil smile is getting on my nerves. She's so annoying. Anyway, I sat near Jack as he's also in my class and I took his class for leaving me alone. He mumbled apologies. It was a commerce class and it was not much interesting same as Yn. Wait. Why am I comparing everything with her? Rii come-on concentrate.

............

.

............

It's your author. How was the first chapter? Let me know in the comment section. Update will be every week.

_beingtheunknownone_ this chapter is dedicated to you.

~Fatima Aly