milk and curry

Hinata found Atsumu all changed and lounging at the living room wearing grey sweats and a matching oversized sweater. While Hinata just threw on a shirt and a pair of baggy shorts. Atsumu eyed his attire and threw his own black hoodie at him, catching Hinata off-guard.

"Wha-" he stuttered.

"Wear it," he said firmly, "you're gonna catch a cold."

Hinata was about to protest but caught his stern expression before grumpily slipping it on.  He gave him a look that said "happy?" which made Atsumu roll his eyes. But he was satisfied, so he stood up and led them out of their flat.

They took the stairs from the second floor to the ground level, and was greeted by the mass dining hall that was empty apart from a few straying people. The hall was decorated with odd plants here and there, white wooden furniture, the occasional volleyball ornament, and plenty of mismatched bean bags surrounding a few tables for the more laid back occasions. Soft morning light was starting to seep in from the huge windows that allowed them to see the swimming pool, running track, and tennis court outside.

Both Hinata and Atsumu headed over to their favorite bean bags; a patterned one for Hinata and a black one for Atsumu. They flopped down, not feeling rested one bit. The bean bags was soft, cosy, and the air conditioned room was seductively lulling them to sleep.

Atsumu didn't know how or when, but his eyes were somehow closed and the sweet slumber was calling out to him. Hinata used his foot to roughly jerk him awake, who gasped as he was jolted from his sleepy stupor.

"Shou-kun," he whined, "that's not nice, I was aboutta have the best nap in my life, no joke. I felt like I was floating on a cloud. It was magical..." he paused sighing, "before you ruined it," proceeding to give him a glare.

"You could've done that in your bed, instead of dragging us both down here," he retorted as Atsumu thoroughly rubbed his eyes, "stupid." Hinata added for good measure.

"Don't call me stupid, stupid. I wasn't the one aboutta start an argument on wearing a hoodie when you knew you were gonna ask me to go back up and get you one because you're cold. As you always do." He gave him a look.

"What are you trying to imply, Atsumu-san?" Hinata innocently quipped.

"Do I look like a stupid push-over to ya?"

"No no, I thought we're just really good friends and you'd do anything to help me," he then added, "and yeah sometimes you're a bit of a stupid push-over." He shrugged and grinned widely at Atsumu's glare.

"No way I'm ever helping ya out, ever again," he grumbled before spitting out another, "ever." For emphasis, of course.

"Atsumu-san, isn't it too early to make decisions like that," he nudged him with his elbow, "didn't you want to get breakfast?"

"...what do you wanna eat?" He reluctantly asked.

"Toast and scrambled eggs please!" He enthusiastically replied, completely erasing any irritation that Atsumu had felt before. It was just difficult for him to stay mad at him, as the others realized too. His warm personality that dripped summer and ice cream on hot days in all ways possible was what attracted many people to him. His laughter, his innocent smiles were just completely contagious. He was the first friend he truly felt comfortable with.

Atsumu could barely recall the trembling and broken Hinata that was crying on his bed just half an hour ago.

With a heavy grunt, he stood up from his bean bag and gave Hinata a feigned annoyed look that was reciprocated with a thumbs up. He made his way to the counter and ordered both of them toast, eggs, and a healthy smoothie. When it arrived, their breakfast became a quiet and comfortable endeavor. Atsumu was too tired to form sentences while Hinata's mind was blank, which was normal for them after a restless night. As soon as Hinata was done, he laid his head back on the bean bag, waiting for Atsumu to finish his meal.