twenty-one

you could be having a heart attack right now. your heart rate hadn't slowed since last night. every thought eventually trailed back to valentine's day, more specifically the kisses you shared. they made you think. it felt good physically, so why didn't you kiss anyone else? it wouldn't have felt as good if it were with someone else. it wouldn't have felt right if it weren't bokuto.

you rode the bus to school and you sat in your seat in class and you paid attention to the lessons. everything was normal, but your heart was ready to beat out of your chest.

while you ate your lunch, your friends excitedly question you about the previous night. you played with your food, smiling to yourself as you relived the moments in your head. kana's attention shifted for a second, catching your eye. she looked back at you with a smirk on her face.

"your boyfriend's here." the label didn't freak you out as much as it used to. it didn't really occur to you that you weren't dating yet. you did really have a name for what you were. it was just you and bokuto.

"(Y/n)?"

you turned to face the tall boy crouched down next to you.

"did you by any chance bring an extra bento?" it was second nature to pack an extra bento for him at this point. you hummed and quickly ate the rice between your chopstick.

"thanks. let's go," he said. he took you by the hand and pulled you out of your seat, quickly giving you a kiss on the cheek before leading you off to your classroom. the girls you just left were giggling and gossiping about the two of you. you turned your face away from bokuto in a desperate attempt to hide the blush on your cheeks. the way he made your heart race was insane.

you grabbed the bento you'd packed for him and headed off for his classroom. you let him talk, watching the excited facial expressions he made when he talked about his morning practice. you wished that walk lasted longer. you wished the day would last longer so he wouldn't have to leave your house after walking you home and staying over for a bit. you just wanted time to slow down.

"thanks," bokuto said as he pulled you into a hug. he wrapped his arms around your neck, letting your head rest on his chest. you clung to him, soaking in his touch. he cupped your face in his hands, making you look up at him. he smiled before kissing your forehead. you flushed again as he pulled away.

"you're the best, okay? i'll call you later," he said, slipping out of your arms. he waved as he disappeared into class 3-1. watching him walk away with that blinding smile took you aback. the forehead kiss and the hug and everything that's happened before. it came back in a second and it clicked for you and bokuto needed to know what was on your mind.

no matter how much it scared you to admit, he needed to know just how much you loved him.