Part 34

Goon's hideout......

Lady- (reading messages on her phone about KMA) What the hell is happening... (Slammed the phone on the table) What are they upto now?

Man- Relax... It's good that most of our hurdles are now in one place, we don't have to keep a watch on them separately. Let them do what they want! Final shot will be ours (Raising his🍷 for a toss.)

Lady- (irked) You know.. There's a huge difference in being confident & overconfident. Have you forgotten Nair, Bhargav & Lala?

Man- Ok fine (putting back the glass on table) then what do you want me to do?

Lady- (taking a sip of wine) They're huge force together.... So tackle them individually it'll be easier...

Man- (arranging photos on a board) Got it... Now tell me who's gonna be ours first Target? (Pointing towards KMA people's pics.) & BTW it was Naveen behind the new postings.

Lady- (circling his pic with a red marker) Still the same old nosy one as I'd known him. Leave him for the end. Let him see his dear one's suffering.

Man- (smirking) So he would think that it was way better if he'd died earlier... Such a cold hearted sadist you're... You know their Achilles' heels.

Lady- Perks of being an old acquaintance! Anyways.. Let's get started with her (smudging someone's pic with red marker.)

Man- (clinking his glass with hers) Sure!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adi was driving the car silently while Vidya was reviewing the documents. Adi clear his throat to gain her attention.

Adi- Vidya! You really don't want to tell him anything...

Vidya- (still focused on her work) What do you want me to say Adi?

Adi- (hesitating) Umm... About you, Vansh & him?

Vidya- (closing the files & taking a deep breathe to calm herself) It's not like I want to hide this from him but just think about it... What am I suppose to tell him? Is that I was a bait for him to get distracted from his work... That I was planted in his life for self-destruction (Adi stopped the car abruptly) That because of me he could've died or worse he could've labelled as a traitor....

Adi- But it wasn't your fault in the first place... You've no idea about that.

Vidya- (sternly) But it can't change the fact that it was all going to be in that way only if he hadn't distanced himself from me. (Adi sighed.) Please don't enhance my guilt by making me recall all my previous immaturities. I'll not be able to handle anymore in this moment. Please!

Adi didn't dragged the topic much after her pleadings & resumed driving.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In MGG's office.....

Brig. Bakshi,  MGG & BC were discussing something very seriously.

Brig. Bakshi- So everything settled? (BC nodded affirmatively.)  This will be your last mission before retirement?

BC- Pretty much yes!! (Sighing) Yakeen nahi hota kuch mahino me mai retired ho jaunga... Waqt kitni jaldi beet gaya!!

MGG- Waqt ke usool bhi samjh nahi aate hai Brig! Jab khushi ka mauka ho toh palak jhapakte beet jata hai aur jab intezar kar rahe ho toh waqt beetata hi nahi. (sighed sadly.)