Part 40

Dear Readers!
Hello Namaste _/\_
Thanks a lot for sticking with the story till the end🙏🏻. Enjoy reading 😇.

Sometimes earlier back in KMA....

An eerily silence was prevalent in the meeting room. Brig. Bakshi had just left for his meeting with BC & MGG.

Aditya's phone pinged with a message alert breaking the thick silence of the room. He checked the message & stood up to leave along with Arjun & Karan when Rajveer's question echoed in the room, making him halted in his steps.

Raj- (in a cold voice) Why did you sideline us (indicating towards himself, Naveen & Abhi)? Why.... (Held Adi by his collars) Why did you mislead us?

Karan & Arjun were holding Raj to avoid him from beating Aditya, while Naveen & Abhi were trying to separate them.

Abhi- Ye kya kar rahe hai Raj... Hosh me aaiye... Leave him right now!!  

Arjun- Stop it Rajveer! You're wasting our time... Gunny has already sent the address & if we keep wasting our time like this, there will be severe consequences.

Raj- (Backed off & composed himself) I just wanted to know the reason... Aren't we a team? Isn't it unfair for us!?

Nav- Raj! Are you forgetting... The team was dissolved before this mission started...

Karan- & you all were targeted by them... Their eyes were following your every moves... We didn't want to jeopardize the whole mission...

Raj- (disheartened) I get it but why you allowed Vidya to go in that death trap... Why did you replace Naina?

Nav- (horrified) Is it because she is related to us? (Indicating towards himself & Raj.)

Aditya lost his cool & brust out furiously.
Adi- Are you out of your mind? Are you seriously indicating about favouritism & nepotism? (No one replied.) You out of all people (pointing at NavRaj) know very well that how the army processed... (Frustrated he slammed his hands on the table.) Forget about army ethics you two are severely underestimating Naina's value.

Karan- You know that Naina is a public figure. She is an youth icon so just imagine what adverse effect it would have been caused on the nation-wide if they had been successful in their attempt. It was a dead end.

Adi- We've an instinct that they would target someone from KMA & after the almost kidnapping of BC, it was confirmed & that's why Vidya was posted here... & About replacing Naina you know it very well that in every condition we tried our best to minimize the damages as no plan is fullproof... So we tried our best to maintain the stability within our reach as much as possible coz a troubled army is itself a problem...

Arjun- We are soldiers... We've to keep our emotions in check... Humare liye desh sarvapariye hota hai... Sare rishte-naate, sare bandhan bhi desh ke aage kuch nahi hai... Desh ke liye kuch kar dikhane ka jazbaa toh bahut rakhte hai par hum sipahi hi jo desh ke liye marne aur maarne ka jazbaa rakhte hai... Desh ke liye jeete-marte hai aur desh ke liye hi maarte hai.... Nation first always!!.. At any cost!

They composed themselves when Abhi informed them that Gunny was entering there, so they ran towards their vehicles.

Back to present.....