Chapter 10

Mr. Kim was already in the room when I entered. I could my heart start to pound unusually and I was still pondering over the fact that I even care I would be alone with him.  He looked up at me as I closed the door with a charming smile which I return with a small one. "Hello, Mr. Kim. I see your assistant isn't with you today either." I say with a bit of disappointment. I was alone with him.

"Ah, quite observant. He is dealing with another matter of mine.'' I see him pause and look behind me to see me alone as well. I caught the small smile he had before clearing his throat. "I see you are here by yourself as well?"

I chuckle a bit and nod. I make my way to the chair beside him and sit. "She had something to do for me as well." I lied, not wanting to tell him she practically abandoned me. "So shall we start?" I look up from the open file in my hand and only then notice how close we really were.  I could see the chocolate eyes that belonged to Kim Namjoon much clearer. We stared at one another for a few seconds more before clearing my throat.  I roll my shoulders and take a deep breath and look ed back at him with a serious face once more.

"You have beautiful eyes." I hear from beside me suddenly, interrupting me in the middle of explaining. We had been here for about 30 minutes since I arrived so this sudden comment shocked me a bit. "They have a peculiar look in them," Namjoon says while staring at me.

Namjoon's POV

Y/n seemed taken aback by my comment and a hint of blush could be seen on her cheeks. "Thank you. No one has ever to me that before." I continued to stare at her deeply. I'm really happy Jin got her assistant to let this meeting be just the two of us. I wanted to get closer to her. I planned to ask her to dinner after this meeting just to try my luck. I was praying that she says yes. 

"They hold so many emotions you know. I don't get why people say you're the Ice Queen." I add, shocking her once again. I've always been pretty good at reading people, but this woman was still a bit of a challenge.  I look down at my watch and see that our time was almost up. I take a deep breath and look straight into her eyes. "Listen, I also wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?" She asks and tilts her head to the side a bit which I found adorable. 

"Will you go out to dinner with me tonight?" I ask her. I could feel my heart pounding so hard, I was sure she could hear it as well. I start to tap my foot in nervousness and bit my lip. She seems to consider my offer and think about it for a second.

Y\N's POV

His offer defiantly caught me off guard. He seemed genuine with his intentions and wasn't planning anything else, so I look up at him and smile. "I would love to go to dinner with you." 

Namjoon breaks into a huge smile and looks like he wants to jump around in excitement. "That is wonderful. Would you like me to pick you up at your home?" He asks with the same smile still on his face. I nod and write down my address on a spare piece of paper.

"This is my address. What time works for you?" I ask so I know when to leave the office. 

"I think around...around 9 should work. What about you?" He takes the paper and puts it in his suit coat pocket. I nod and hold back from breaking into a smile. I felt a weird excitement and restlessness thinking about this dinner.  "I'll see you then." He asked before winking and walking out the door. I bite my lip to stop from smiling and I hung my head down to prevent anyone from seeing me. 

Little did I know that three mischievous gremlins were all crowded around a certain security cam, all trying their hardest not to squeal in excitement. (Author-nim: Make that four) 

I was currently standing outside of my doorway, waiting for Mr. Namjoon. I was in one of my personal favorite dresses. It was a simple black dress with a circle skirt and off-the-shoulder sleeves. I paired it with a simple pearl necklace and some black heels. My hair was styled down and had a small silver clip to keep the hair out of my face. My makeup was just some lipstick and mascara. 

Soon a black car came cruising down the driveway. (Let's all just pretend he can drive) It came to a stop right in front of the steps and I held back from gawking at the beautiful man that emerged from the driver seat. Kim Namjoon was in a classy black suit and had his hair styled back.  In my mind, all I could think about was how this man was too pretty for his own good.

I met him at the bottom of the steps and he gave me his signature charming smile. "I believe you will like the place I picked for us." He opens the door for me and closed it once I was in. I watched him run to the driver's side. He gets in and begins to drive down the driveway onto the main road.

"So where exactly are we going tonight?" I turn to him and can't help but notice his hands on the wheel. I stare for a second and my eyes follow the veins down his hand and watch them disappear under his sleeve.

"That, M'lady, is confidential information." He looks over at me with a small smirk. "But I can guarantee you will love it." I squint my eyes at him and hum. I was really hoping he didn't somehow find a random article on the internet that said some random place was my favorite restaurant to dine at. 

I watch outside my window as we sit in comfortable silence.  I notice we weren't driving into the city at all.  It seemed like a remote neighborhood. I decided to go with it but still sat in confusion.  We soon turned into a long driveway that led to a large mansion in the middle of what seemed like the forest. I turn my head to the man beside me. "Are we at your home? This is where we are having dinner?"

The car pulls to a stop in front of the front door and he turns the engine off before answering me. "Yes, this is my home. I figured if we went to a restaurant people would recognize us and then all the flashing cameras would ruin the dinner. So we are going to have dinner in my garden."

I stare at him and almost want to cry at how much he had thought about this. This man really was genuine and pure. "That is so sweet of you. I was honestly kinda worried about that." I smile to show my appreciation.  He gets out and opens my door for me. "Thank you."

I follow him to a side gate and into a large garden. I can't hold back from gasping and gawking at all the beautiful plants. There was a small river that flowed through the garden and in the middle of it was a pavilion with a stone bridge leading to it. Continuing to follow Namjoon, I admire all of the flowers we pass by. I spot my favorite flowers of all time.  Lillies of all colors in full bloom to my surprise. I part with Namjoon to go down the path to get a closer look. 

I go straight to the pink lilies and carefully smell one by cupping it in my hands and lowering my head. I guess Namjoon noticed me leave because when I stand straight and turn, I bump right into his firm chest. I take a small step back, making sure not to touch the precious flowers and lookup. "Sorry I got distracted by the lilies. They happen to be my favorites." I apologize.

"It is quite alright. You say they are your favorite?" He asks looking down at me. I only just realized how tall this man really was. "Well if that's so..." He paused and picked out a vibrant pink lily and gave it to me. "You can have this." 

"Thank you. Also, who takes care of this garden? I would like to tell them how beautiful this is and how much I love it." I say, looking around, trying to spot anyone taking care of the plants.

"Well, thank you. I do make sure to keep up with it the best I can." Namjoon says, making me turn my head up to look up at him in surprise. I swear this man never ceases to amaze me. "I'm glad you like it as well. It gives me great pride."

"Well, I'm glad. Shall we head to dinner now?" I ask, suddenly remembering why I was even here.  

"Yes. We shall."  We give one another a smile and make our way to the pavilion. I can't think of the last time I've been this happy..

Here you go loves, I hope you are excited as I am for the next part. Also notice Y/n doesn't call him Mr.Kim anymore, just Namjoon👀

Blythical19