Christmas Special

The office was more cheerful than usual. It's because everyone's favorite time of year was here at last. Snow flurried down to the ground outside, quickly piling up. The office had a tradition. Secret Santa. So every Christmas Eve, the office would be full of joy and smiles. This year was no different. Except for the new additions, everyone was looking forward to this event.

"Ms. Kang? Who did you get this year?" A female employee named Rosaline asked, handing over a hot cup of hot chocolate. She was a short black-haired female who has worked with me for almost five years now.

"Well, if I told, it wouldn't be a secret," I replied with a soft barely-there smile. In truth, my secret Santa just so happened to be a certain Jeon. He had mentioned he was interested in art, and a particular set a few weeks ago so, of course, I had to get it.

"Aww. Well, I have to go find mine now, he just arrived a few minutes ago. Have a good night, Ms. Kang!" The short woman walked away with a small wave before disappearing into the crowds. I have yet to see Jungkook, and I was starting to worry a bit. Jihyo was lingering among the employees, being the social butterfly she was. 

The doors to the entrance open up and my eyes immediately look up from my drink to see the newcomer. Or newcomers at that. The first person I spotted was Jungkook, then the two behind him. Namjoon and Jin. 

Curious as to why they came, I make my way over, unintentionally making eye contact with Namjoon. I keep eye contact until I reach them and turn to look at Jungkook. His eyes were trained to the ground as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. "Jungkook. Not that I mind the guests, but mind explaining?" I ask as I sip the cocoa. 

"Well, I was meeting with Jin-hyung and I mentioned the party. He asked if he could come as well, and then invited Namjoon-hyung." He explains in a calmer voice, not looking at the floor anymore but not making eye contact. I hmm in response and tell him it was okay. I tell him to follow me so I could give him something, not telling him it was his present. 

I look behind me to make sure he was still behind me, to see that the Namjoon seemed to be following as well. I didn't mind so I turned back around a bit puzzled. We reach my office and I open it with a keycard. A large Christmas bag lay in the middle of the room and I went to pick it up. The door closes behind the last person in and I look up to see Jungkook's eyes tearing up a bit.

"Merry Christmas. I'm your secret Santa." I tell him with a smile. He looked between the bag in my hands to me before running and giving me a bone-crushing hug. I heard small sniffles as he pulls me closer. I hear a mumbled 'thank you' before he pulls away. I hand him the bag and sit in one of the chairs. Namjoon came to sit in the chair beside me as Jungkook carefully pulled out his gifts. His bunny-like smile never left his face. After pulling out the last gift, he looked up and gave me another hug. 

"Thank you, Y/n. I love it all." He says after pulling away once again. I nod and give him another smile.

"Why don't we all head back-" I was interrupted by an until-now quiet Namjoon. 

"Actually, can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked as he stood up. I look back at Jungkook and nod. He picks up the bag with one last hug and starts to walk out the door, back to the party. "Thank you." I hear the low voice of Namjoon.

"It's fine. What is it that you needed?" I ask with a confused face.

"Well," he trailed off before reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a box. "I wanted to give you this." He opens the box and hands it over to me. I hold back a gasp, as I see what exactly is inside. It was a teardrop necklace encrusted with shimmering diamonds, the actual teardrop being a light blue gemstone. I stare in awe.

"Wha... It's beautiful." I continue to stare at the beauty before me. "Thank you. Namjoon."

"My pleasure." He says in a hushed tone. "May I?" He asks, gesturing toward the necklace, to which I nod. I pull my hair to the side as he gets up and stands behind me. I feel his warm hands graze over my skin, but only for a moment.

"Thank you." I thank him once again as I turn around. He was standing closer than I anticipated as I trip and almost fall backward, but I feel a strong grip on my arms catching me. I look up and see him already looking at me. we held the contact for a few minutes, not moving a muscle as the tension in the air rose.

I'm the first to snap out of it as I clear my throat and stand properly again. He seems to snap out of it as well, as he stood straighter and loosened his tie a bit. "Truly, it is beautiful. I appreciate it."

"I am more than delighted that you like it. I saw it and it reminded me of you." He says in a slightly rushed tone. I also saw a faint tint of pink appear on his cheeks and ears. I can feel my lips start to twitch into a warm smile.

'He is adorable.' I thought. 

The rest of the night was spent full of laughter and a few drunken jokes. It was warm. I could feel those walls, the ones I spent so long building, start to crumble. One. By. One. And though I didn't want to admit it. I knew why or......rather who was the cause.

-----------------------------------------------

So this isn't a chapter, but it is because of the insight from the reader, but I hope you enjoyed it. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!! and those who don't, I hope you all have wonderful days/nights. :)

Blythical19