6. Letter

If it's about being sticky, Sherlock would be the first one to come in mind. Well, that is if one's part of the Moriarty Manor. Either clinging onto William or just following him like a puppy, that's what Sherlock does when he's at their abode.

Everyone who's watching them would be sick of it. But the one he's clinging to wouldn't and would never. William actually liked it but wouldn't say it out loud. He liked having Sherlock's affection all by himself.

However, today's guest wasn't the one sticking to him all the time. It was the older Holmes. He was standing in front of William, a bottle of wine on his right hand and a letter on the other.

"I suppose your first aim upon coming here was related to my elder brother, the second was about me?" William guessed.

Mycroft's lips curved into a small smile and replied, "Precisely. My brother has a case to solve. Hence, he left me this letter to send to you." He huffed when he remembered Sherlock's face when asking him to send the letter, "That idiot was smitten."

William coughed the moment he heard the last sentence. His face started to burn in embarrassment. Mycroft raised his brows in amusement.

He cleared his throat before speaking, "My thanks, then."

When Mycroft left, William immediately opened the letter Sherlock sent him.

Dear Liam,

I won't be by your side for some time. John and I have a case to solve. Do not worry, I'll make sure to resolve this case quickly in order to be able to cuddle with you for the rest of my life. I love you.

Yours,
Sherlock

William felt his face was hotter than before. Some might think that Sherlock might have forgotten to put 'sincerely' before the word 'yours' but he knew that Sherlock did it on purpose.

He put the back of his palm on top of his curving lips, trying to suppress his wide grin.

Who says Sherlock was the only one who's smitten?