04 | THE PRISON BREAK

"Prison break? That's illegal you know," he stated. His attention only in the game.

The young lady sighs. "Only if you get caught," she emphasized, causing the silver-haired speedster to turn around and look at her, fascination lingering on his face. She pursed her lips, she shouldn't have spoken. But she just felt compelled to do so. Even if she thinks their plan is stupid, she couldn't let it fail.

He wiggles his brows. "So you're kind of a troublemaker too, huh?"

She just simply ignores him. Like what he does to the boys at her school and maybe the longer she does it, the more he will divert his attention to someone or something else. She's not the type of person anyone would be interested in. She's already used to it. People think that she's someone interesting but when they somehow get to know her, they just leave her because she's not. She's not interesting nor is she important.

"So, what's in it for me?" he asks.

Charles cleared his throat, the silver-haired speedster looked at him. "You, a kleptomaniac, get to break into the Pentagon." He then proceeded to rub his eyes.

"Aside from her — because I feel like I could really trust her — " he points to her direction — "how do I know I could trust you?" he demands.

"Because we're just like you," she replies, which greatly pleased the young man, for some reasons. Cascade looks at Logan and nods at him, "show him," she orders him.

Logan sticks his arms out and claws made out of bones start to come out of his hands. The look on the silver-haired speedster's face is in the middle of fascination and terrified. She bites the insides of her cheek, reminding herself that now is not the time for laughing. "It's cool, but it's disgusting," he comments, then turns to look back at her. "How about you? What could you do aside from unconsciously compelling me to not look away from you?"

Taking a deep breath, she focused on her surroundings and slowly, she could feel her eyes changing colors. Purple colored energy forming on the tip of her fingers. She willed the furniture to levitate and it did. She looks up through her lashes and sees the young man staring at her with admiration in his eyes. Letting out a deep breath, she lets go and the furniture goes back to their places — unharmed. Her eyes switch back to their natural color.

"So, what's your name, Sour Candy?"

She looks back at him. "Cassie. And please, stop calling me Sour Candy."

She could swear to all the gods that she saw recognition pass on the guy's face as soon as he heard her name. But he just coolly shrugs his shoulders and chuckles. "Cassie?" he asks once again.

"De Luna," she answers.

"Maximoff," he corrects her.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•