"Favor..."

"Goodmorning."

"I'm not talking to you."

"What! Why?" I asked smiling at his sleepy face. He slept on the couch last night, angry at the prank his brother played. His thick wavy hair was a mess, and the blanket had fallen away from his body, revealing him to be clad in a tight blue t-shirt and gray sweat pants.

"You were hugging Jarrod." He pouted, his eyes still unable to keep themselves open for very long.

"Well, how was I to know you had an identical twin for a brother? And besides, you and nurse Patty were holding hands when I dropped by the retirement home. Remember? How was hugging your brother any different from that?"

"There's a whole lot of difference! Patty accidentally had her hand twisted when she tried to stop miss Lana from completely falling down on her butt after her chair toppled over. I was merely massaging her hand. You on the other hand, had your arms around my brother, with your bodies pressed against each other." He huffed.

"Well in all honesty, I thought I was hugging you. A more handsome, youthful, funny version of you." I chuckled.

"Go away." He turned his back to me.

"Awww. Come on Jasper! Don't be like that. I made waffles for breakfast. Please get up already?"

"No."

"How come he gets waffles served to him with coffee, when you said you found me to be more handsome?" Jarrod came down the staircase smirking. He had on tight boxers, and a white tank top.

"Because for one, he didn't trick me into hugging a complete stranger. Also, Jasper hugs better than you do." I replied looking up at Jarrod as he approached the sofa where his twin lay.

"How so?"

"He's gentle, and I don't know... sincere? Like he wants to protect me from any harm. While as your hug is needy and slightly erotic."

"So you two have hugged." Jarrod said, poking Jasper's arm.

"Shut up." Jasper tried to shake his hand away.

"C'mon Jasper. Get up already! Your coffee is getting cold." I tried to pull him up to a sitting position.

"I'm still sleepy. I don't have the energy to eat." He complained.

"Fine. I'll feed you. Just sit up, ok? You are such a baby!" I grumbled while Jasper started to move as requested.

"I want coffee first, please."

"I've already made one for you. Here, tell me if it needs more sugar or cream." I handed him the hot cup from the tray I placed on the coffee table awhile back.

"It's just right. Thank you." He smiled, his hair still sticking out in all directions.

"You need a haircut. Your hair is so unruly." I reached up to smoothen his hair a bit. "Here, try the waffles. You want more syrup? How 'bout more butter?" I raised the fork with a piece of waffle up to his lips.

"It's sweet enough. Where'd you get the berries?"

"Ed, the foreman, came by while you were still sleeping. He brought freshly picked berries from Nana's farmers. Some vegetables too."

"What about me? What do I have to do to get some breakfast around here?" Jarrod sulked in a chair nearby.

"I made plenty of waffles. They're in the kitchen. A fresh pot of coffee is brewing for you. Help yourself to some fruits in the ref, Jarrod."

"What? No special treatment? Jasper gets all the attention!"

"Well, I need Jasper's help later. That's why I'm trying to cozy up to him." I explained, wiping Jasper's lips with a table napkin as I took another piece of waffle to feed him.

"What kind of favor?" Jasper asked, nibbling on a raspberry.

"Ed informed me that some of Nana's farmhands haven't had a doctor check on them in a long time. I was thinking, maybe you could set aside a particular day when you could like maybe give them a free check up? I'll cover the expenses... I just don't know who else to ask."

"That shouldn't be a problem, and no need to pay me. Consider it payment for not throwing me out on the streets after your Nana left you this house." He smiled at me.

"Still, we'll need basic medicines like cough syrups for kids, cold remedies, fever and flu tablets? Those things."

"I can have Jarrod run to the pharmacist later and buy in bulk. We could give them away as first aid kits for every household. We can throw in wound antiseptics, burn ointments, bandages, even some thermometers." He offered me a blueberry which I readily accepted and ate.

"That's a great idea. So you'll do it?"

"Of course. Anything for you."

"Thanks Jasper." I gave him one of my most dazzling smile.

"Hey, I think it's time you started giving me some of that special attention too. I mean, like big bro said, I'm the one who has to drive up to the pharmacy later." Jarrod exclaimed, he still hasn't moved from where he sat since the start of the conversation.

"No. You're doing this as payment for your free stay here, so don't push your luck."

"You just want all of his attention for yourself. I see through you big bro."

"Shut up." Jasper glared at Jarrod.

"More waffles?" I asked Jasper, ready to whip up a new batch for him just in case.

"No. I'm full. Thank you. I'd better take a shower so I can take care of some things at the retirement home, then free up a couple of days for me to see to your Nana's farmhands."

"Alright. I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything." I started clearing the table to give Jasper room to move about.

Jarrod followed me to the kitchen as I started washing the dishes.

"So. You guys hugged, huh. What else have you two been doing?" He asked hopping up on the counter where I rinsed the tea cup Jasper used.

"Nothing." I said, trying to avoid blushing at the memory of Jasper's naked wet body.

"You're lying. There's more to this than either one of you is willing to tell me."

"Will you get down from there! Here, why don't you dry these up. I 'm gonna need to email and ask my office for an extention. It seems I'm needed here for a few more days than I expected."

"Hmmm. To do what? Make Jasper fall for you?"

"What?"

"Nothing. I didn't say anything." He smirked before turning his back to dry the teacup I handed him seconds ago.

"Fine. Be like that. Help yourself to some food, I'll be right back." I made my way out of the kitchen, but I still heard him say something after I left.

"Jasper has already fallen. You're just too blind to notice anything, Jade."