"Panic..."

Two days ago we were seated on this very same spot.

"No hard feelings?" I asked Jarrod.

"None. I'm just happy you could finally admit to yourself that you love him."

"Shh! Not so loud. He hasn't the slightest idea."

"Neither do you. But I'll let you guys discover it for yourselves. Just remember, if it ever falls apart... I'm here, Jade." He smiled, then hugged me tight.

"Bye Jarrod. Come visit again soon. I promise to keep an extra plate warm for you." I hugged him back, sad to see him go.

In less than a week's time, this person has managed to make an impact on my life. He was both annoying, and delightful to be with. The perfect mix to keep me amused, and high spirited.

"Bye big bro! Keep this one safe. He's too precious to lose." He waved to Jasper who came to give him a hug too.

"You take care. Say hi to mom and dad for me next time you guys video chat. And keep in touch. I expect to get tickets to your band's next tour, ok?"

"Depends. On who you're bringing with you." He winked at me.

"You'll know soon enough. Bye, before your flight leaves without you." Jasper chuckled.

They hugged one more time, before Jarrod turned to kiss my cheek, then waved and was gone.

That was two days ago. Now, Jasper and I are back. This time though, it was my turn to leave.

"You have everything you need?" Jasper asked beside me, he sat bouncing his right leg non-stop.

"You asked me that ten times already." I replied irritated.

"What? I just wanted to make sure. Is that so bad?" He frowned at me.

"Why are you so testy?"

"Nothing. I'm just... nevermind." He sighed.

I sat looking at the schedule board.

"When are you coming back?" Jasper asked, looking the opposite direction.

"I don't know. I'll let you know in advance. I have your email address and cell number so..."

"Can't you atleast give me an estimate!"

"Why are you shouting at me? What's gotten into you?" I asked perplexed.

"I'm sorry. I just..."

His words were drowned out by the announcement of my flight. I started to stand up, and Jasper started pacing frantically beside me.

"Now what?" I asked, almost shouting at him as well.

"I don't... could you just... are you..."

"What!" I tried to wrestle my carry on from his grip, but he wouldn't let go.

"I'm not good with words... I don't know how to say things properly. I never told you about myself, afraid that I might use the wrong words and scare you away."

Again my flight was announced through the speakers.

"What are you trying to say Jasper? Hurry up, I need to board the plane!"

He looked panic stricken, his face was pale. I could almost see the wheels turning in his head.

"Don't go! Please. Jade, don't go. Don't leave me... please!" He hugged me all of a sudden, like a man clutching a rubber raft for dear life.

"Why?" I asked, my face buried in his chest.

"I love you. I love you! I'm sorry I couldn't say it sooner. Please, don't leave me. Stay with me, build a life with me... choose me. Please, choose me Jade. I love you."

"You... love me?" I whispered, elated but puzzled.

"Yes. I do. Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner!" I screamed at him.

"I'm not good with words. I don't show my emotions well. I was unsure if you felt anything for me other than friendship. Is it too late?" He asked, unsure.

We heard a plane take off, and we watched together as it slowly, but steadily rose to meet the sky.

"There goes my flight." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry." He looked forlorn as he stared at his shoes.

"I'm not." And I reached out to kiss the man who minutes ago admitted his love... for me.