Layla

Layla was one of the few lucky enough to have pure midnight taandu essence and transformed into a flower. She had waited 40,000 human years to get a new slave. She had loathed the other flowers who had enough servants to wait on their every whim. While she had been optimistic at first but as she went down the line she wasn't impressed. It was the same pale skin and yellow hair with the occasional difference. Finally at the end of the line. There was a promising one she had Dark blue skin and black hair with eyes the colour of Topazes. (A/N If anyone gets this Ruby Key reference then good for you) All the slaves seemed to hold their breath as she reached out to claim the child a roar rose through the crowd. The slaves leaped up and attacked the people nearby. The boy next to the slave girl punched her in the jaw, she hit the floor. The slaves started throwing mud and ripping out hair, soon her dress was in taters, her hair sticking out in puffs, her face swollen and bloody, mud covered her flesh and her beautiful wings had been ripped off. The pol'ice came barging in knocking down slaves left and right. She expected them to help but when they came to her a young man raised his staff and hit her in the head knocking her out.

Cold ice water splashed in her face. She gradually came to, her wrists and ankles were shackled to the floor. She was lying in front of Kai-lord Tarain, sitting next to her were the defiant faces of the slaves. Realization dawned on her, they had thought she was a slave.
"The Kai-lord demands you justify your actions" bellowed a guard to Layla's left.
"What, this is an outrage I am daughter of Kataran Fareat" she screeched.
"Quiet slave" an older guard said kicking the back of her head.
"What I would like to know is why you were trying to lie to me?" The Kai-lord's voice was rich and beautiful. She was about to respond when another slightly feline voice rang through the auditorium.
"She's telling the truth Tarain" a gasp echoed throughout the building as the Fae searched for the owner of the voice as the Kai-lord gripped the arms of his chair.
"Who dares to speak"
"Tsk tsk Tarain I thought you could see what is right in front of your face. The dress was made out of silk before and the mud is fresh probably thrown on her by the others and there are two strips of bloodied flesh were her wings used to be before they got torn off." The voice finished replaced by the soft padding of paws and leisurely through the wide doors came a sleek black cat. The Kai-lord visually relaxed as he saw it, the thing padded right past the line of slaves but gave them a glance of, maybe pity? (Cats didn't have a large range of facial expressions) Then continued along its way as Layla was being unshackled strait up to the Kai-lord.

"We need to talk"