Isis

Isis felt the platform start to lift her up towards the light. The floor of the arena opened up to fit her circle, as her head was about to become visible she raised her hands signalling the birds to take flight. The colourful avians flew around her in a swirl hiding her from view until the platform stopped and the birds flew off revealing her.

Isis stood in her costume of gold and feathers her favourite bird, Narin, a beautiful white one whose feather on its tail and wings were green and blue, on her arm. The birds did some loops and then flew through the curtain back to their perches. She whistled and fireworks shot off as the griffon entered the ring. It's body was that of a normal lion but with a white main along with angel wings and white feathers on its ankles, the more commonly known griffons had the head and wings of an eagle with the body of a lion. This was a Neamine breed though, they were only found in the tallest mountains and were very violent. It had taken her weeks to befriend it and many more to get it to accept copious amounts of others. This was its first time in ring at the central Kai-Dom of Arreindia, if something went wrong the circus would be shut down. And it would be all her fault. To Isis' relief everything went smoothly, the griffon flew through the rings that had been lowered from the ceiling with ease. Being a proud creature it puffed out its chest at the cheers and blew a column of flame that lit the candles set out in a perfect likeness of a crescent moon. At the there was silence and Isis worried that something had gone very wrong, and then the crowd burst into cheers even louder than before. The griffon did a loop in the air then exited as she tossed it some squirrel in reward. The crowd quieted down and then there were howls, finally something she was used to. Mist rolled out and covered her as she backed up, when stage lights turned on it illuminated the place where the Werevolve pack was moving forward and riding on the leader was Isis.

• • •

Isis wiped her face with a towel the droplets from the mist still clung to her face. The room she was staying in until the circus left was blissfully silent compared to the roaring crowd. She might even have been drifting off to sleep when someone knocked on her door. Without waiting for a reply the person barges into the room while skipping. Isis groaned it was Mari, she was a fire breather. She got along great with Tiren aka the Griffen, they occasionally played fire tag with each other.

"Can you believe who was there this performance!" She squealed

"Who?" Isis asked

"Your kidding me right?" Mari said staring at her in a disbelieving way

"Um, no?" it was more of a question then a statement

"The Kai-lord, and he had this really tiny black cat with him. He even seemed like he was talking to it at times I think he's a little bit off his Kalon an . . ."

"Wait, wait, wait. The Kai-lord was there!"

"Yeah, I just said that anyways he seemed really interested in your performance"

"Really" Isis replied dryly "now, remind me why I don't lock my door"

"Because you enjoy my company"

"Right, no OUT!" Isis pushed Mari out the door and closed it, or tried to as Mari managed to stich half her body inside the crack before she did

"Anyway the reason I came is because your presence has been requested in the secondary meeting room"

Isis stopped dead cold, the animi draining from her face. She could dimly feel Mari shaking her and telling her to snap out of it but she lost in her own fear. If she was being summoned it could only mean one thing, she was in trouble. Had it been Tiren, was it to early to show him to the public, had one of the animals broken out and mauled someone. Whatever it was it most definitely was not good, she couldn't ignore direct summons thought. Could she? If she went right now she could probably get some food and take Narin and Tiren with her, she could run away and never look back. Live in the wild with the animals living off the surrounding. But she couldn't do that Tiren would probably abandon her and Narin would look like a tasty treat to woodland and mountainous predators if Tiren didn't eat her first.

No it would just be a whole lot easier to face her punishment head on, she snapped back to attention and quickly apologised to Mari who was sulking on Isis' bed. Then she went to go ask directions to the secondary meeting room, the place was like a maze after all.  Looking back on it she should have run away, she would have found a way to make Tiren obey her. Because no matter how hard life in the wild would be, nothing could compare to what was about to happen to her.