✨6✨

"H-Harry" the wolf gruffly choked out through their mind link.

Louis didn't know what he expected, but it wasn't that. Such a normal name. Such a human name.

It only served to remind him that this 'beast' was once just as human as Louis was. That he probably had a life and a family.

That he was trapped here, used as a scare tactic and an easy resolution to unwanted problems.

Problems like Louis.

And as scary as the thought is, that this creature, this supposed 'beast', is a person. A werewolf much like Louis himself, that has been left here to go feral and only feed off of other humans and scraps, lest he starve to death. As scary as that idea is, it somehow comforts Louis.

It comforts him in that, in this terrible situation he's found himself in- being trapped in a concrete room with a man eating beast. At the very least he knows that the large wolf with him, still has a human side.

A side that saved Louis from being his next meal. A side that has a name.

Harry.

Louis knew then that despite the fear that had still been coursing through him since he was walking on the street not so long ago, he was safe.

Safe next to the large warm body of Harry.

Louis soon drifted off into a well needed slumber, body close to the large wolf next to him.

—————————————

Louis woke to a strange sensation.

He felt quick laps of a large tongue all over his face, saliva coating his fur. Warm breaths tingle the fur of his ears and he whines, undeterred Harry continues to lick Louis' face all over.

The Omega cracks an eye open to peer at the dark furred wolf in front of him as he leant forward to lick his snout. Louis rolled his eyes and huffed and the big wolfs behaviour but if he were in his human form he'd be barely suppressing a smile. Harry purred out an endeared noise and licked the Omega's nose.

"What is name, Omega?"

Louis jolts at the husky voice of the Alpha, shocked at the unexpected words.

"My-I- my name is Louis, Alpha."

"Louis." Harry tests the wolfs name, before making a happy noise in the back of his throat and licks Louis' face with more vigour than before.

The Omega giggles and manages to lick the Alpha back, resulting in the two of them rolling around and nipping and licking each other in great excitement.

It felt strange for Louis to engage in such primitive and childishly gleeful behaviour, especially in such a glum setting. The two played and roughhoused without a care with as big smiles as their wolfish faces could muster. Harry nipped at Louis' tail and the boy whined out happily, the Omega enthralled by the Alpha's exciting presence.  

Louis should have been concerned with the dire situation he was in -how his stomach ached from the lack of food, how he had no means to escape, not even a place to do his business- but he found himself too enraptured in Harry and his animalistic behaviour. The Alpha displayed such instinctual behaviour that is very uncommon in todays civilised society, and yet in moments like this one where the two had stopped playing and simply stared into each others eyes, he seemed so human. It brought Louis back to how very real this situation was.

Both wolves stopped gazing into each others eyes when a loud grumble echoed throughout the room, simultaneously looking down to the culprit. 

Ok so maybe he hadn't entirely forgotten how hungry he was.

Louis burst out laughing through their mind link, dying down into small bursts of giggles as Harry watched fondly and used his body to push Louis over and crush him with his weight. Louis grunted and the Alpha began sniffing his head. 

"You are crushing me you big stupid Alpha" Louis uttered without spite.

Although he raised his body from crushing Louis', the large wolf still stood over the Omega's form and looked down at him, poking his face with his nose.

"You are stuck." Harry stated simply. He sounded a little too proud of himself.

The smaller wolf thought for a moment before smiling a little to himself. He closed his eyes and focused on his inner wolf before he began to convulse and shake as he transformed from wolf to human.

Even in his wolf face Harry looked very shocked at the sight of the Omega changing forms again, he was frozen in place making it easy for Louis' small human frame to slip out from underneath the Alpha.

Louis quickly realised that he was entirely nude.

The small Omega squeaked and rushed to the corner where he'd shoved his clothes the day before and tried to shield his privates from the Alpha in the room. He was too focused on finding his underwear that he didn't hear the sound of Harry shuffling behind him and subtly sniffing him. He became increasingly aware when he felt a rough tongue lick his butt cheek.

He squeaked embarrassingly high and turned around trying to cover his bum and privates, sending a stern glare to the Alpha despite the obvious reddening of his cheeks.

"Don't be cheeky Harry."

Louis quickly got dressed, trying not to fall down in his haste, before turning to the wolf who had moved back to his sleeping spot on the concrete. The Omega sauntered over to him before sitting crossed legged in front of his snout that rested on his paws.

The boy began petting his head again as they sat in companionable silence.

"You know I didn't think this through very well because now you can't speak to me." He paused. "Although you couldn't really speak very well to begin with."

Harry minutely moved his head up and down in confirmation and Louis wouldn't have noticed had he not been scratching behind his fluffy ears.

"Must have been in here for a while then...I can't imagine how lonely you must have been." The wolf leaned into his touch and closed his eyes, Louis smiled a watery smile. The simple gesture was heartwarming yet impeccably saddening. 

Louis thought of his family again, they were always in the back of his mind, but he thought of them now, hoping he would see them before he'd been caged so long that he couldn't remember English. The thought that he might die of starvation in this concrete box before he ever sees one of his sisters again, had his blue eyes filling with tears.

The Omega was broke out of is thoughts at a little whine let out by the Alpha and he felt him nose at his hands.

Louis smiled down at the large wolf.

At least he had Harry.