🌙7🌙

The two had spent a while just staying in each others presence, Louis would pet Harry all over and just talk to him. They moved about the room, usually staying within reach of each other. It was strange how, for having known each other for so little time, the two became attached so quickly. Louis didn't feel right unless he was touching Harry or surrounded by Harry's scent or talking to Harry.

He was glad to have someone to talk to after the traumatic events of the recent days.

After a while of Louis lamenting his every strange thought to the stoic wolf -who would try to indicate if he understood or agreed by making head movements or sounds in his throat- the human gave Harry's head a final pat before standing up and stretching.

The boy hears only a short whine in protest when he leaves the wolf to stand and stare out the crack in the concrete he considers the only window to the outside world. Louis stares longingly at the slither of sky unobstructed by the trees outside, he sighs, wondering just how he ended up in a situation like this.

----------

"Louis!!" 

The Omega jolts, stopping mid scroll through his twitter page and takes out one of his earphones, he waits in place for another sound.

"Louis come here!" his Mum shouts from down stairs. 

Louis sighs, takes out his other earphone and places his laptop on the bed before setting his feet on the ground and wiping his hand down his face. He walks out of his dark room and has to adjust to the light in the hallway.

The Omega saunters down the stairs, lethargy settled deep in his bones. His mother looks as tired as he feels, flitting about the kitchen. He smiles at her and she smiles back when he pecks a kiss on her cheek. 

"Could you set the table dear?"

"Course Mum."

The boy sets the table as his Mum finishes cooking their meal, the only sound the sizzling oil in the pan and the clink of utensils in his hand.

"Do you have to go out again tonight?"

"You know I do."

Silence settles over them, much heavier this time.

He hates when she gets like this. She knows the toll it takes on him to do the jobs he does, but he won't stop and she has to accept that. They need the money and that's the end of it.

"I just wish you didn-"

"I know Mum, I know...can we just not do this right now"

"You alwa-"

"Is dinner ready yet?" a timid voice asked, breaking the two out of the rising argument.

"Almost Pheebs, you wanna help me with the plates?" Louis asked, diverting the attention to her and ignoring the displeased stare of his mother.

"No." the twin stated cheekily, poking her tongue out at her older brother.

"Who taught you to be so cheeky huh?" Louis asked as he came and tickled her relentlessly.

"You did!" she squealed, squirming to get out of her brothers grip.

She escaped and Louis chased her around the dining table as she squealed and giggled, he laughed along and soon Daisy had joined them and he was chasing them both. Jay watched with a smile on her face.

"So Lotts, who was that boy you were talking to at the gate before getting picked up today?" Félicité asked with a shit eating grin. The whole table erupted in 'oooh's and Lottie was suddenly red in the face.