the deal

note:

for the sokovian language i am using czeck instead of German, there very similar in nature as they stem from a similar area but Czech has more similarities to what solivians would have been speaking

——————————————————

"so all this time you've been rich" Sam asked Zemo baffled.

"i'm a barron Sam, my family where royalty before your friends destroyed my country"

you where walking behind Bucky completely lost in your thoughts not concentrating on where you were going when he suddenly stopped and you walked into his back, you took a step back and looked up at him "sorry" you apologetically smiled at him while beating yourself up inside for not being more aware of your surroundings. Bucky awkwardly smiled back at you "it's alright" he mumbled as he walked up the steps of Zemos jet.

You followed up the steps and took one look around and realised the only seat left was the one in front of Zemo you signed and slumped down into the seat, you could feel Zemos watchful eyes on you but his attention was quickly diverted when his butler walked in an gave him some champagne the two talked for a bit in Sokovian and then he left. You rested your head on the base of your hand and stared out the window completely lost in thoughts, this was usual for you these days you seemed to get lost in your maze of thoughts but never even tried to look for an exit you felt disconnected from reality and you were glad of it, the universe was so cruel and unfair but your thoughts of Nat were comforting to you.

you snapped out of your thoughts suddenly when Bucky jolted forward and grabbed Zemo by the neck and whispered a threat towards him, Sam, Bucky and Zemo then launched into an argument about Marvin Gaye, you where going to chime in with something but you found yourself staring at Zemo in curiosity, he was so bold for someone of his size especially compared to Bucky. He caught you looking at him and smirked "like what you see" he said as he drank his champagne. You awkwardly smiled at him and turned to look out the window. "i don't believe we have met drahoušek, Helmut Zemo" he reached out his hand for you to take, you shook his hand limply and replied in a quiet voice "y/n l/n" his eyes squinted for a second as he raised his hand to his chin.

"your the one who was good friends with Nat" he stated slightly pointing his finger towards you before replacing back on his chin. Just hearing her name uttered from someone else made your insides hurt, you missed her so much. Zemo seemed to take note of your stiffed posture and offered you a small and genuine smile "my condolences of course" he added "i understand more than anyone what your going through right now" your eyes began to water at this and you looked up at him

"thanks" you said to him before glancing away not wanting to talk anymore about it longing for a distraction of some kind, luckily one came as Zemo started to outline a plan. You were all going to go to Madripoor as Zemo claimed to have a lead on the mission, he started to explain how things would work and what everyone was going to do, you listened intently glad for a reason to not jump back into endless thoughts and memories.