safe house

you stood outside a large building staring up at it in absolute wonder and bewilderment it's was glorious, Bucky had wondered off god know we're so it was just you, Sam and Zemo.

"y/n" Zemo said taking your attention from the building and directing you to the inside where he led you to a large sitting room with an open kitchen, Sam headed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water before opening his laptop and throwing himself right into his work. You walked to the sofa and plumped onto it grimacing from the pain in your leg. Zemo had followed you and sat next to you. You opened your mouth to say something but he cut you off.

"your leg" he said pointing at the bandage now soaked in your blood. "we need to remove the bullet or you could die" he stated the obvious at you. "may i?" he asked standing up, you nodded at him. Walking to the kitchen Zemo opened a cupboard and took out his first aid kit inside of it, he returned to you and sat next to you placing your injured leg on his lap before gently unwrapping the bloody bandage and setting it aside. He cleaned the wound first then reached for some long, thin medical tweezers. He observed you for a second with an apologetic face that seemed to say: your going to be in a lot of pain don't hate me forever, you closed your eyes in preparation for the pain. He started by applying pressure to the top of the thigh near your hip to ease the pain and then with his free hand he inserted the tweezers into the wound. You yelled out in pain when they hit the exposed flesh inside your thigh.

"it's like operation" He smirked at you pausing for a moment before carrying on searching for a bullet, for a split second you let out a laugh but you stopped when the mind boggling, torturous pain returned. The feeling was consuming it ate up every thought that entered your mind like a starving parasite until all that was left was the flame of torment in your leg. The feeling only worsened when Zemo found the bullet and started to pull it out of your thigh. It felt like a thousand tiny needles dipped in poison where being poked into this one concentrated area over and over again, in and out repeatedly nothing could compare to this paroxysm of pain you were feeling. When the bullet left the wounds he searing agony started to dull and you could see straight again, you gazed at Zemo, face red and wet from the tears still falling from your eyes, he cleaned the wound and then bandaged it up again. I was only now you realised Sam was sat next to you and you had almost broken his hand from squeezing it, you let go and he handed you a glass of water and pain killers, you took them and drank the water to wash them down.

"thanks" you said to both of them quietly before lying down on the sofa and closing your eyes. You hoped to get some sleep before anything else happened to help with the pain it had been awhile since you last slept; you were tired. 

———————————————————————

"Well the Wakandans are here. they want Zemo. Bought us some more time" Bucky announced walking through the front door, waking you up. groggily you got up from the sofa and walked to the kitchen trying to look as though you hadn't just been sleeping. Zemo crossed the room towards you in a bath robe and opened a tin of biscuits offering you one which you happily took, stuffed it into your mouth and grabbed another.

"were you followed" Sam asked turning away from his laptop to face Bucky

"no."

"how can you be so sure?" Zemo interrogated cautiously looking out the window to the busy street below.

"Cause i know when it being followed."  Bucky simply said

"it was sweet if you to defend me at least" Zemo smirked turning from the window to face Bucky

"shut it" Sam said. He and Zemo then started arguing about what happened with Nagel before you cut both of the off.

"guys. Karli bombed a GRC supply depot." you said staring at your phone in shock