f i v e

This chapter is dedicated to @mintseesaw_

Y / N

I don't know why I ran away but I couldn't sit a second longer facing him. I had never in a thousand years expected that I'd be sitting begging in front of my ultimate bias the first time I'd meet him, and the kindness in his eyes only made me more confused about the whole ordeal.

I wanted to be remembered by him as someone who would always love and support him, not as a crazed, obsessive fan who he'd have to warn about a lawsuit.

I just couldn't help feeling guilty and absolutely ashamed of myself... even thought I knew I wasn't at fault.

I knew my confidence would fall apart—
I had expected this to happen. So I slid the piece of paper-that held my entire confession, explaining everything that happened-under the plate as discreetly as I could. That way I could still clear up things without having to constantly explain myself and then end up embarrassing myself to know end.

At this point, I didn't even mind staying as an unknown and faceless ARMY—a nameless fan that the he would never really acknowledge. Because I couldn't bear the thought that now he knew everything about me and would probably remember me as a rude, insensitive fan who met him to advocate my best friend's less than appropriate behaviour.

As I crossed the street, tears flowed down my cheeks as I saw Sa Rin waving at me excitedly. I realised that the tears weren't exactly those of sorrow because looking at Sa Rin's grinning face, sorrow was the last thing I felt. I just wanted to run upto her, hug her tightly and rant all about how beautiful and godly Park Jimin really was.

"Pray tell, how did he loookkkkk?" Sa Rin screamed as soon as we embraced. I winced a little from her high-pitched voice but it did little to stop me from screaming back myself.

"He's so handsome, Sa Rin-ah." I squealed, my face scrunching up as I fisted my hands together and did a little fangirl dance right there on the sidewalk. "He had these orange-tinted shades on and his lips-"

"Oh dear Godddd!" Came Sa Rin's responsive squeal as she clutched my hands, eyes shining with curiosity. "Tell me more, Y/N. What was he wearing? What did he say to you? Did you ask for his autograph?"

The last two questions brought my excitement spiralling back to the ground as my face fell.

"What makes you think he'll give a pathetic excuse of a fan like me, his autograph? That's so dumb." I lowered my head. "I'm just glad he didn't have me kicked out by the security when I told him the truth."

Sa Rin's mouth fell open. "You told him?"
"I had to, didn't I? I also left a letter explaining everything and rushed here because I couldn't dare give any more explanations. My heart was beating so fast and I just-"

Sa Rin frowned, her eyebrows almost hitting together. "Hang on a second, Y/N. Don't tell me-" Her expression was furious. "-that you fucking ran away from there."

I loosened a cold sigh, unable to meet her gaze which I guess was confirmation enough because Sa Rin looked like she could kill me right there.

"Oh fuck no. Don't tell me you pulled such a stupid move in front of him. Please." She reiterated shaking her head in disbelief. "I can't believe you, Ryu Y/N, you scaredy cat! You stupid-aghhhhh what am I going to do with you? You missed a golden chance!" She glared at me, as if it wasn't me who had lost a chance to get to know Park Jimin better, but her.

I shrugged, pouting. "Yah, taking advantage of this situation just didn't seem right." I mumbled under my breath, still not looking her in the eye. "I didn't want him to think that I was some opportunistic social climber or worse, a gold digger." I shrugged again. "I just said what I had to say and ran off. That's only fair."

Sa Rin stared disappointedly at me, tsking softly. "Trust you to be all conscientious at such a time." She shook her head. "Let's go home now. What can we do anyway, aigoo my poor luck. All I wanted was to see my best friend and Park freaking Jimin together but, look-" She glanced up at the sky and sighed dramatically, before grabbing my hand and dragging me towards her car.

J I M I N

I didn't think twice before breaking into a run after her, the paper still clutched in my hand. I wanted to give it back to her...tell her that I already knew the truth and that she didn't need to worry anymore but I stopped as soon as I witnessed her little squealing exchange with a girl who was most likely her best friend, Sa Rin.

I smirked.

Y/N's face lit up with excitement as she rambled about something, her loud, peppy voice floating upto me.

I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't help but edge closer to eavesdrop on their conversation. It was too animated a exchange and I was too selfish to not listen in to it.

For some reason, secretly hearing Y/N fangirl about my looks gave me a much bigger thrill than having it said to my face everyday. I just couldn't help the foolish grin that made its way into my lips as I glanced down at my hands, biting my lip.

Because one thing was pretty clear to me.
This beautiful, dedicated fangirl of mine—Ryu Y/N wasn't nearly as immune to my charms as she'd first let on.

And I was totally going to use it to my advantage.