n i n e

Y / N

I barely got any sleep after I left Jimin standing outside his dorm. I couldn't get his distraught face out of my head as I stared at myself in the mirror.

Was it possible that he'd caught feelings for me?

My eyes widened and I slapped myself hard just to bring myself back to my senses. I must have really gone crazy for a thought as ridiculous as that to even cross my mind.

My eyes looked puffy and bloodshot from the lack of sleep and my skin was pale. There was no shine in my eyes and my lacklustre hair sat on top of my head like a bird's nest.

Was I really his type?

No, Y/N. Get a freaking hold on yourself.

I shook my head at my stupidity and hurriedly splashed cold water onto my face before proceeding to throw on the first top and pants I could lay my hands on.

Sa Rin knew I was going to be tempted to start wearing my hoodies to work again and had only let me breathe in peace when I'd stowed all of my casual clothes away. Now all I had in my closet was girly clothes and my pajamas that I certainly couldn't wear to work.

I threw one last look at my sleeveless lace top and put on some moisturiser and sunscreen before running out to catch a bus. I was late and wouldn't reach in time if I walked.

The day passed in a frenzy of customers walking in and walking out. Usually, I smiled whenever I saw the people around me sitting and smiling with their friends and families but today, I just wanted to keep my head low and get through the day.

It was as if my life had been turned upside down ever since my first meeting with Jimin and I just wanted it to go back to when I hadn't met him.

It was better if he didn't know about my existence because now that he did, it had given me an increasingly daft hope that maybe we could be more than just an idol and a fan...which was delusional!

I liked him, no, I loved him but I had never thought of him as a man. My man. I didn't want to.

Because I knew it was only going to cause me pain and heartbreak.

I wanted to go back to being my old, rational self who could easily look at Jimin without my insides screaming for me to touch him, to kiss him, to hold him.

"Ughh," I let out a disgusted groan. What the hell was wrong with me? Just because I knew him didn't mean that he was mine. And even if by some unfortunate chance, he was the one who had started to develop feelings for a simpleton like me, they weren't going to last long, considering that he was always surrounded by women who were a thousand times more beautiful than me.

He was going to forget about me in no time.

"Excuse me?" The woman in front of me regarded me with a confused expression and my eyes widened in shock. She looked genuinely hurt by my behaviour and I realised that she must have taken my groan as an insult.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry," I quickly bowed. "I am just having a killer headache. I'm so sorry if you felt bad." I apologised repeatedly before adding an extra pastry in her order. "I'm sorry for groaning like that. This is a little something to make up for it." I smiled hopefully as the woman accepted it with a smile.

"It's okay. I hope you get better soon."

I genuinely thanked her and turned around to catch my breath.

Three O' Clock.

I sighed. There were still two hours until I got off.

"Um hi, I'd like to buy a cake." Someone spoke behind me.

I took in a deep breath, put on my best professional smile and turned around. "We have our cake display a little further down the counters, Sir. Would you like to check them out or-" My voice faltered as the man looked up from underneath his dark bucket hat.

Yoongi.

I resisted the urge to cry.

How in the world did he know about this bakery?

Why was my life getting involved with all of Bangtan all of a sudden?

Just a week ago, I couldn't even have imagined meeting any of them and now I had met not one but two of them for crying out loud!

I kept a straight face and kept on staring at him cluelessly as he shot me a quick smile. "I have a close friend's birthday coming up soon." Yoongi spoke. "I wanted to get a custom-made cake especially for him. Would you like to suggest something?"

I racked my brains for the members' birthdates and then it struck me.

October 13.

Jimin's birthday.

It was only three days away!

Was this some kind of a joke? How did Yoongi know to come here of all places? Had Jimin asked him to-?

No, all of this had to be a coincidence.

"What does your friend like?" I questioned, cringing inwardly. What a pretentious question to ask considering I already knew that Jimin liked chocolate and strawberries and-

"—and lots of whipped cream." Yoongi finished.

I laughed awkwardly hoping that he hadn't noticed anything off about me. He'd never show his face this openly if he knew I was a BTS stan.

"Of course, Sir." I smiled brightly, my heart running a marathon. "If you'll just give me the specifications of the cake and anything else that you'd like on it, I'll ask the head chef to get onto it immediately. When exactly do you need the cake?"

"October 13," Yoongi answered quickly.

Of freaking course!

"And I have another request." He continued, making me look up. "I talked to the head chef here and came to know that you yourself are an excellent baker. So, I'd like if the cake was baked by you." He slipped me a card.

BigHit Entertainment it read and I suppressed a gasp.

"Give us a call when you need it to be picked up." He smiled again and then left, leaving me gobsmacked.

What the hell had my life come to?