Prologue

July 2nd 1991

Louis was just relaxing at home watching tv with his parents when he heard the flap of the letterbox. He wondered what it could be because the postman had already been and gone that morning leaving more bank statements and birthday cards from his grandma which she sent way too early due to her dementia.

"Was that the letterbox?" His dad asked curious as to why it made that noise when the post had already been delivered.

"I'll see what it is." Louis offered.

He stood up and made his way to the front door. On the doormat lay a tea stained looking letter with a red wax seal. When he turned it around he saw it was addressed to him in green ink.

Louis Tomlinson
First bedroom
19 Burns Way
Doncaster
DN4 0XG

"Lou you good?" His mum asked from where she was sitting in the living room.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Louis answered slowly still wondering what the letter was.

"Was there anything on the mat?" His father then asked.

"Yeah, it's a letter. For me. Hogwarts? What's that?" He whispered the last bit before opening the letter. When he read it he was shocked.

Dear Mr Tomlinson,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

"I'm a wizard?"

September 1st 1991

Today was the day. Louis was waiting on the steps in front of the great hall at the back of the group.

"Hey." A kid said to him.

"Hi." Louis said back.

"I'm Niall." The boy introduced himself.

"Louis." He told Niall.

"Nice to meet ya. I'm new to all of this. It's a little scary if I'm honest with ya." Niall admitted.

"I'm new to this too." Louis laughed.

"Maybe we could be friends? I don't mind what house ya get into." Niall offered.

"Yeah, that would be nice. Thanks." Louis accepted.

"No problem." Niall smiled.

"They're ready for you now." McGonagall said.

***

"Gryffindor." The sorting hat shouted and everyone applauded.

"Niall Horan." McGonagall said.

"Hmm yes, I see. Let's go with, Hufflepuff." The hat decided.

So many people. Louis just zoned out until one person who stood out to him.

"Harry Styles." McGonagall announced.

"Ah, the second Styles, not as smart though. Gryffindor." Harry smiled and practically skipped over to the Gryffindor table.

Louis couldn't help but watch him, his little curls bouncing as he walked. Louis wondered why he felt drawn to him.

"Louis Tomlinson." It was his turn now. All eyes were on Louis.

He walked up to the stool and slowly sat down before the hat was placed on his head.

"Hmm yes, this is difficult very difficult. I think it'll have to be Slytherin." The school went silent. How could a muggle-born like Louis be in Slytherin?

***

"Yo Tomlinson." A boy with bright blonde hair said outside the hall, after the feast.

"Yeah?" Louis asked.

"Don't talk to me mudblood. I can't believe there's a mudblood like you in this house now. Unbelievable." The boy sneered.

"I-I'm sorry?" Louis was confused. What was so wrong with him?

"Why are you sorry? Sorry that you couldn't keep your mudblood ass at home." He and his friends all laughed.

"That's enough Malfoy." Louis turned around and saw Harry standing in the doorway.

"Or what Styles. What are you gonna do about it." Draco challenged.

"You know I'm way more powerful than you, right?" He said.

"My father will hear about this." Draco warned before strutting away.

"Hey, you okay?" Harry asked.

"Yeah I'm fine thank you." Louis replied.

"No problem. Louis right?" He said.

"Yeah." The boy smiled.

"Well I'm Harry, it's nice to meet you Louis." Harry smiled.

"Hi. I should get going though, my house is leaving, thanks again and it's nice meeting you too." Louis said.

"Tomlinson!" The Slytherin prefect yelled.

"Bye Harry" Louis said and then ran off.

Harry watched him, he couldn't help it he was just too cute.