6: I Dunno About You Boys

You found that you had an interesting way of making friends. That of course, was taking photos of them. It happened with Reki, and now Langa too. You were starting to sense a pattern here. The god of time was probably wanting you to gain more subjects for projects like this. They would be kept around for awhile. They were nice boys too.

Currently, you were with both Reki and Langa at the skateboard. Another lesson was what Reki told you. For some reason, he thought it was a good idea to have you around. Maybe it was because of you having more experience. Although you were more interested in taking the photos. Langa did seem pretty excited when you mentioned something that had to do with your camera after all.

"Think about tempo," Reki instructed as he was teaching Langa to turn the wheels left to right. Scratches came from the board itself as it was being moved against concrete in such an unnatural way. "Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock," Reki signaled when Langa was supposed to move. He sat next to you atop a half pipe while Langa was continuing to struggle.

Soon enough, the board stopped. Langa's foot fell off balance, causing him to push the board from right under him. He yelped before falling on his back.

"It's always your front foot that slips up," Reki said.

"I'm scared that it's not attached," Langa sat up.

"I'd be more scared if it was attached."

Langa had taken a look at the ground before pulling his phone out of his pocket. A ding came from it just a second ago, something important probably, or spam, no one can tell with those kinds of things. Still, it made Langa go all absent-minded over Reki's words. This made the other boy assume the worst.

"Oh no, no duct-tape," Reki shook his head as he slid down the pipe. "You almost died, remember."

"I don't think that's it," you said.

As Langa checked the notification he received, he sighed.

"What is it?" Reki asked.

"Work," Langa said.

"You probably spaced out during your interview again."

"I didn't."

"You just don't talk enough," Reki crouched in front of Langa pinching his cheeks. "It's not a big deal, just talk a bit more huh? You don't wanna end up like Miss 'Photographer' over there." You frowned, glad that Langa was getting his cheeks stretched. Now he knew how it felt. Although you couldn't deny that you refused to speak to him for the first few days of your friendship.

"I didn't even get the interview," Langa said.

"Just the resume? How are you filling those out?" Reki asked.

Langa then pulled out a copy of his job application. He unfolded it, showing it to you and Reki. The two of you leaned over to read it, or at least try. Some of the things written were overlapping what he was supposed to be writing on. Even your writing as a six year old was better than him. As expected as someone raised in Canada and spoke and wrote English his entire life. You couldn't really blame the environment.

"Is that..." you said.

"Seriously?" Reki said.

"I didn't do any reading or writing so," Langa said.

"You want us to fill it in for you?" Reki asked.

"I'm not sure two people with very different handwriting can be one person," you said.

"There's also the possibility that I would have to write things for the job," Langa added.

"Guess we're onto Plan C," Reki sighed. You were surprised that he thought ahead to that already. Though you were pretty sure what 'Plan C' was.