Just A Dream

Archangel Gabriel ran to Eden, who was doubled over with pain. "Eden...oh my God, you're injured!" He reached her side and Eden fell into his arms, the Archangel held her closely and gently, afraid he would hurt her more if he wasn't careful.

"I'm so glad you're here." Eden rasped, her voice wracked with pain. "I missed you." She buried her face into his shoulder.

A lightning bolt of guilt struck the Archangel as he recalled their last conversation. "I missed you too....I'm so sorry for what I said to you....I..." Eden leaned back and he was instantly captivated by those wondrous blue serpentine eyes he loved so much.

"It's okay Gabriel. There's nothing to forgive, I understand that you were just trying to protect me." Eden murmured with a weak smile.

Gabriel gazed deep into those blue eyes and as he leaned forward for a kiss, Eden suddenly shrieked, "LOOK OUT!" as she shoved him away.

Time seemed to slow down as Gabriel fell to the ground and watched with horror as Lucifer, brandishing the flaming sword and with one swift thrust, plunged it deep into Eden's stomach.

"AAAAAH!" Gabriel woke with a scream. His breath coming out in ragged gasps.

"It was just a dream....just a dream...." Gabriel whimpered in-between breathes. The Archangel was drenched in a cold sweat and he was trembling.

His thoughts would always go back to that terrible day....and he had almost lost Eden again because he, Archangel Gabriel, let down his guard.

He shuddered at the memory of Eden nearly bleeding out for a second time.

If not for that thermos of holy water....

Gabriel hopped out of bed and slipped into the hallway.