Epilogue

Eden stared up at the glow-in-the-dark stars on her ceiling. They glowed brightly, a subpar substitute for the real stars that she longed to see again. Her Daddy had promised that they would go stargazing as soon as she was fully recovered. Yet another thing added to the growing list of things she wanted to do as soon as she was fully better. The first being her "proper birthday celebration" as her Papa called it.

Eden glanced down at her wrists. The bruising was gone at long last. The deep cut on her cheek was gone as well, leaving behind a slanted pink line on her left cheek. Eden hoped it wouldn't become a scar.....

Her stomach was still healing ever so slowly. It must have something to do with the holy fire. It probably affected her entire body in some way, which would explain her parent's and Archangel Gabriel's miracles not being able to work, and when the miracles finally did, they could only soothe her pain temporarily, like the teas and broths.

Eden sat up slowly, gritting her teeth at the familiar throbbing pain, and she saw her parent's fast asleep in their sleeping bag. Even though she was doing much better, Aziraphale and Crowley refused to leave their daughter's room. She had gotten used to having them almost constantly hovering at her bedside.

Eden turned when she heard her bedroom door creak open, her blue gaze meeting the dark purple gaze of Archangel Gabriel.

"Gabe." Eden said softly, so she wouldn't disturb her sleeping parents.

Gabriel slipped into the room as quietly as possible. "I didn't mean to wake you." The Archangel said apologetically when he reached Eden's bedside.

"I wasn't even asleep." Eden smiled reassuringly. "And I'm glad I wasn't." She lay her head back down on her pillow with a soft groan of pain.

Gabriel tensed. "Are you alright? Do you need a miracle?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine! Just trying to get comfortable...." Seeing right through her attempt to put him at ease, Gabriel grabbed her by the hand and cast a healing ward which soothed her pain within seconds.

"You're too good to me, Gabe." Eden murmured.

"It's the least I can do, after all you've done for me....." He ran a hand through her fiery curls, reminded of when they first met and how she had shown him nothing but kindness and warmth ever since.

"Are you okay?" Eden asked her voice suddenly sharp with concern. She tried to sit up again, but Gabriel stopped her. "I'm fine Eden, I just wanted to check on you, and I'm glad I came in when I did!" Eden could have hurt herself again.....

"I'm glad too." Eden murmured, rubbing her cheek against the Archangel's soft, gentle hand once it finished stroking her hair.

"Can you sit with me until I fall asleep?" Eden asked; the idea of staring at plastic stars again not at all appealing.

"Of course I can." Gabriel replied with a dopey smile. He pulled up a chair and kissed Eden tenderly on the lips. "Goodnight Eden."

"Goodnight Gabriel, I love you."

"I love you too Eden." Gabriel whispered softly and within minutes, Eden drifted off to sleep.

The Archangel unfurled his snowy white wings and draped one over Eden, hoping it would give her extra warmth as he watched over her while she slept peacefully.

Archangel Gabriel hoped that Eden Alexandria Queen Fell was dreaming of whatever she liked best.

The End

(To be Continued in Bad Omens: The Next Battle! Which has already been published!<3)