Laughter

Despite the late hour, Eden Alexandria Queen Fell was wide awake with her parents sitting at her bedside. Aziraphale was quite emotional at the sight of his husband, Crowley, who was laughing, which was something that the demon hadn't done in quite some time.

Crowley was laughing because their daughter had managed to tell a joke and Crowley loved Eden's jokes, especially if they weren't particularly appropriate.

Crowley wheezed as his ribs ached with laugher, eyes stinging with tears. He was so happy that his little girl was back to her old self...more or less...

Eden, to both fathers' relief, was in much better spirits now, despite being told that she would have to confined to bed on her birthday, which was now less than a week away, but they had already come up with a solution and they were both eager to tell her some good news for once.....

But for now, the fathers' were just savoring the moment of their daughter, their Eden, smiling and laughing.

"Ack!" Eden suddenly exclaimed her uninjured hand flying to her stomach.

"Eden!" Aziraphale and Crowley exclaimed, the laughter forgotten. "What's wrong?"

"I-I'm fine." Eden said, her voice suddenly shaky. "I must've laughed to hard or somethin'."

Crowley placed a hand on her bandaged forehead. "You don't feel warm...how's your arm?" the demon asked, his amber orange eyes wide with concern.

"Uh, wrapped up like a mummy and it's in a splint." Eden replied.

"Where does it hurt Little One?" Aziraphale asked. "Is it your head? Your wing? Your ribs?" Both parents forced themselves not to flinch when Eden's many injuries were mentioned aloud. The injuries Eden had sustained simply devastated them.

"I can whip you up another cup of tea, it'll be a bit earlier than intended but an extra cup won't hurt regardless...." Aziraphale continued when Eden grimaced again.

"It's not that bad....just a twinge from my stomach...." Eden replied, rubbing her stomach as another grimace crossed her face. Crowley shot to his feet.

"That does it; I'll go make your tea. Hang in there sweetheart." Crowley bent down and kissed her on her bandaged forehead.

There was a soft knock at the door. "Come in!" Eden called and in stepped Gabriel, his white shirt, shorts and black hair unkempt and damp with sweat.

"Gabe? Are you okay? You look awful...." Instead of answering, the Archangel darted to Eden's bedside.

Crowley slipped past the Archangel to go prepare Eden's tea, shooting a concerned glance over his shoulder at his daughter.