Understanding Parents

"Oh..." Crowley murmured with understanding once Aziraphale unexplained the situation to him. He had noticed that the Archangel had been acting a bit off lately. And Crowley could absolutely relate.

The demon had been dealing with his own feelings of guilt ever since Eden had been brought home. He hadn't been there when his daughter needed him the most and the same thing happened again and if not for that thermos of holy water.....

Aziraphale was in the same boat as his husband. He hadn't been there when his Little One needed him the most. He would never, ever, forget the agonizing burning; searing pain that he felt, the pain that had coursed through his daughter's body on that terrible day. He still shuddered whenever his thoughts drifted to Eden's time in Purgatory. His poor baby....trapped in that horrible place.....

Thank the Almighty that Mr. Mercury had intercepted her and looked after her until he, Crowley and Gabriel came to fetch her.

"He must have been sitting on this for quite some time." Aziraphale said softly. Crowley nodded. "Yeah."

"We've been so busy with Eden; of course, after all that's happened, he would be just as upset as we are." The both of them had revealed and later discussed their shared feelings of guilt to each other many times. Yet the Archangel had mostly kept his feelings to himself......

"He probably didn't want to bother us....especially after the holy water incident." Crowley concurred.

"Oh dear, the poor boy...." Aziraphale murmured.

The stitches that had been keeping Eden's terrible stomach wound shut had torn open during a very unfortunate accident and it occurred when none of them had been around. Eden nearly bled to death for a second time as a result.

"We better get back in there, Eden needs her rest." Crowley said, leading Aziraphale back into the bedroom where they found Eden and Gabriel, their foreheads touching.