Rest Now

"How are my dears doing?" Aziraphale asked, relieved to see that the Archangel was no longer crying. Now he was smiling through his tears.

"We're fine Papa." Eden replied suddenly sounding very tired.

"It's time for you to get some rest Queenie." Crowley said gently as Gabriel moved out of Crowley's way so he could help Eden to lie back down, being extra careful to not jar her broken arm and other injuries.

Seconds later, Gabriel gave Eden a kiss on her un-bandaged cheek and left the room.

Gabriel felt as if some weight had been lifted from his shoulders, but he didn't think he could go back to sleep. His nightmare still had him rattled and when he still closed his eyes.....

He was about to go back into his room but stopped when he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder. Gabriel turned and met the kind gaze of Aziraphale.

"Hello Aziraphale." Gabriel said, but then immediately tensed. "Is something wrong? Is Eden okay?"

Aziraphale smiled, "She's fine Gabriel, she just fell asleep. Crowley is with her, I just wanted to talk with you for a moment."

Gabriel turned to face the angel. "I wanted to let you know that you can talk to us whenever you need too. I know we've been awfully busy caring for Eden but we're here for you too. You're part of our family now Gabriel."

Touched beyond words, Gabriel rasped, "Thank you Aziraphale."