Strong Enough

Eden was alone in her bedroom, her only company being Ducky and the  myriad of unicorn plushies, and a Paddington, that she had, along with a few Doctor Who action figures and figurines.

Eden sat up with a wince and bit back a cry of pain. Her stomach was hurting terribly, which meant that it was time for some broth and tea.

But she didn't want to wait for herbal broth and tea. She was sick of being stuck in bed. She was going to prove to her parents that she was strong enough to get out of bed and walk. So what if her stitches broke? Bella had stitched her back up and she was fine now.....

You see, Crowley and Aziraphale had told her what Bella had told them. Eden wasn't well enough to leave her bed. She would have to spend her birthday in bed, resting.

Eden did not take the news well. She didn't want to spend her 25th birthday stuck in bed. And since her parents miracles were useless, she would have to try to get better herself.

Eden sat on the edge of the bed and took several deep breaths, waiting for the pain to subside a bit. When it did, she lifted her tattered and bandaged wings so they wouldn't drag and planted her feet on the wooden floor.

She clutched her midsection with her good arm. Her other arm was still in a splint, so she would have to be extra careful since she couldn't use this arm to grab something in case she tripped or something.

Eden kept her gaze fixed on her blue TARDIS door. She had to reach it. Once she did, she would take a break and then make the trek downstairs. And when she made it too the dining room, her parent's would be so happy and proud of her that they would go forward with her birthday party!

Eden was halfway there, until she felt her legs buckle, she fell, landing right on her broken arm....

Crowley was halfway up the stairs when he heard a scream of agony.

"Eden!" Crowley cried as he dashed up the stairs.

Tears poured down Eden's face as pain thrummed through her body. Her arm and stomach screamed with pain. It hurt so much.....

"Jesus Christ, Eden!" Crowley exclaimed as he nearly kicked the door off of its hinges, finding his daughter lying on her broken arm.

"Shit shit shit shit!" Crowley dashed to her side and cradled her in his arms. "Aziraphale! Get up here!" he called.

He turned back to his daughter, "Eden, sweetheart...."

"I'm okay." Eden gritted out. Crowley could tell she was in a lot of pain. He scooped her up into his arms and carried her back to bed.

"N-No..." Eden rasped. "Please don't..."

Crowley ignored her and tucked her in once he checked her stomach wound, relieved to find that her stitches were intact and there were no signs of bleeding. "What the hell were you thinking? You've probably fractured your arm in half and you could've busted your stitches again!" He didn't mean to sound so harsh but seeing his daughter on the floor in pain really frightened him. Aziraphale couldn't handle another near death...or death...experience....

"I wanted to show you and Papa that I was strong enough." Eden whispered.

"Wot?" Crowley thought he misheard her.

"I wanted to show you that I was strong enough." Eden said, a bit louder, her voice tight with frustration.

"Queenie...."

"I don't want to spend my birthday in bed. I thought if I could show you I could walk around, you and Papa would change your mind and we could have a birthday party where I wasn't stuck in bed."

"Ngk." said Crowley.

Aziraphale dashed into the room to find Eden crying while Crowley looked rather helpless, unsure what to do.

"Little One! What's wrong? Is everything alright?" He ran to the bedside and wiped away her tears with gentle fingers. "There there now, dry those tears, I'm here now...."

"She got out of bed and tried to walk to the door Aziraphale." Crowley said.

"What?" Aziraphale gasped in shock. "Eden, why? It's much too soon for you to try and walk!"

"She fell." Aziraphale gasped in horror when Crowley said those words. Crowley reassured him that her stitches didn't break, thank Someone, but the angel nearly fainted when he learned that Eden had fallen on her broken arm.

"We must call Bella!" Aziraphale exclaimed. "Where's your cell phone Crowley?"

"I left it downstairs."

"Then I'll call her with the house phone. I'll be back my loves." Aziraphale gave Eden a quick kiss on the cheek and dashed downstairs.

"Eden Alexandria Queen Fell, look at me." Crowley said. Eden obeyed. Blue serpentine eyes met amber orange.

"You don't need to prove to anyone that you're strong. You show it every single day as you fight to get better. Your Papa and I couldn't be more proud of you. And as for your birthday, your Papa and I have figured something out, just like we promised. Nothing is going to stop us from celebrating our baby girl's special day." Eden managed a smile at her Daddy's words and Crowley smiled back, giving her a kiss.

A little later, after several cups of tea, due to a rather painful examination by Bella, the father's were relieved when the young doctor told them that Eden had only jarred her arm. 

It would need to be kept absolutely still for the time being but other than that, it was healing nicely.