Chapter III

꧁☾𝚃𝚘𝚞𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜☽꧂

──────────❥───────────

"Cecile and John, please make sure that your seatbelts are fastened as we are beginning our descent in 15 minutes," said our pilot, Mr J

"Cecile and John, please make sure that your seatbelts are fastened as we are beginning our descent in 15 minutes," said our pilot, Mr J. Stanley [Jacob].

The announcement came shooting through the speakers and knocking on my head like an alarm clock, waking me from my half-asleep daze.

Getting little to no sleep really does make one tired. Surprising.

The beams of light shining through near closed blinds was illuminating items of furniture placed in the plane's cabin. It was brighter than what I remembered when drifting to sleep. It had more of an orange tinge, too.

My eyes slowly blinked open as I shuffled my head along where it was laying, trying to awaken myself further.

Not like I wanted to, but my body was stiff and neck hurt like a bi—

...

You know, I never actually got to review the script on our flight, but it should be fine. I know the title, where it's being filmed, and . . . that's about it.

Was I told to review it?

Gee, where's my agent when I actually need her?

My head hastily jerked from it's comfort, still being reasonably careful as to not disturb my surroundings. I then turned to see Cecile's long, green hair. I had fallen asleep on top of her head, and her on my shoulder.

"Hey, hey, hey. Wake up, Cecile. We're going down," I said as I flipped the hair out of her sleeping face and shook her far shoulder with my still awakening hand.

Cecile's heavy eyes slowly blinked open, "A-are we almost there," she asked, the effect of sleep still taking a toll on her thoughts and her head still nestled onto my shoulder.

I nodded a small nod.

Unsure if she could see it (as her eyes were only half-lidded), I added some verbal reassurance, "Yeah. Stanley told us that we were starting to descend."

She tiredly hummed in response, only nuzzling further into her comfort, "We have a meeting like, straight away, right?"

Well shit.

We were no way in a presentable form. My black hair was a mess and Cecile's makeup had smudged, the dull colours blending into one another.

The clothes we wore were ruffled and stale, probably not smelling too great, either.

At this, I started to vaguely panic.