Chapter IV

꧁☾𝙽𝚘𝚗, 𝚃𝚞 𝙽𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚞𝚡 𝙿𝚊𝚜 𝚅𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚛 𝙼𝚎𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜☽꧂

──────────❥───────────

"To the park!" Leilah called, placing the tinted sunglasses above her nose and raising to the tippy toes of her shoes—her arm pointed upward in no particular direction

The children all giggled at their Aunt's playful mood. She always managed to put at least a small smile on their normally cheerful little faces.

I chuckled at her child-like behaviour before turning away from her and toward the three children to the side of me.

My knees carefully hit the carpeted ground leaving me at their level of sight—eyeing each one carefully as if I could forget how they looked at any given moment.

Knowing me, they knew that they were all about to get somewhat of a lecture, making them each groan simultaneously.

Putting on my best lecture voice, I started to direct my sentence with a finger, "Alright, guys, don't get lost . . . and make sure that Auntie Leilah stays out of trouble. You know how much mischief she can get into."

Leilah lightly huffed and turned her head toward a wall, and all three of the kids snickered before jumping as a big group into my arms, making me lose my big scary mojo and fall into a big giggling heap.

I hate leaving them to go to work.

Slowly, I peeled their tightly gripping bodies away from me, "Be good kids for Leilah and Darren. I don't want any behavioural issues, alright?"

"Okay!" They all said so innocently—as if they'd never done anything wrong in their entire childhoods.

That would be one heck of a lie.

I sighed, knowing that that was incorrect, "Alright, I'll believe you this time," my tone changed after a sudden breath in, "but I'm serious . . . kind of. No big problems, at least."

Ace stuck his small thumbs from beside him, "You go it, Miss boss lady!"

The girls both giggled at their brother's silly statement and Leilah joined along with them.

"Sera, your children really are a delight!" she said as she clasped her ring and bracelet-covered hands in a swooning sort of manner.

I lifted my body from the ground while lightly dusting off my pencil skirt, "They sure are work, though," I said with a half-hearted and low-pitched chuckle.

Leilah firmly grappled my shoulders and started to shake me dramatically, "But they're so cute!" she squealed, "I don't care if they're trouble!"

My sister stopped, looking me dead in the eyes, her tone turning stern, "You wouldn't maybe mind if I stole one? Would you? Like, you don't need all three. Two's enough, right?"