Chapter VI

꧁☾𝙽𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚒 𝙴𝚖𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚜é, 𝙲é𝚌𝚒𝚕𝚎☽꧂

──────────❥───────────

"Alright, Cecile, I'm going for a run," I yelled to nowhere particular in the largely built house, hearing my voice echo back the same thing in reply

The pitter-patter of sock-covered footsteps could be heard racing down the smoothly polished, wooden steps.

"Wait, wait, wait," Cecile called out as she came closer and closer to the bottom of the stairs.

Seconds later, and her face now peaked out from behind the dull, white wall covering the staircase, showing her long, green hair in a rather messy bun.

"Where are you going? When will you be back?" Cecile asked, "We need to go pretty soon, John," she said, slightly pressingly.

I sighed and lazed my head to rest on the shoulder below, "I'm just going for a jog to the park; I haven't been there in a while for . . . obvious reasons."

Cecile wandered down to the middle of the showing stairs, her plain grey t-shirt, black shorts, and short ankle socks insight.

She leaned the bare elbows of hers onto the wooden rail that matched with the stairs. "Okay. Just don't take too long, John. You don't wanna be late for this meeting, too. We already haven't made the best impression, on them."

I rolled my golden eyes at her strictness and fairly insulting words, "Yeah, yeah. There are almost three hours before we have to go anywhere, Cecile. If you want me to stay, just say so."

She looked me in the eyes and started to pout, the top of her right foot reaching over to scratch an apparent itch on her left.

The girl—suddenly quiet—muttered something barely audible to my ears.

I cupped my hand on the side of my head in a bit of a teasing manner. "What was that?" I asked, finding it quite entertaining for her to show such embarrassment.

She sighed and tucked an extra lock of green hair loosely behind her ear, "I-I want you . . . to stay here," my normally so confident agent said, showing utter intimidation.

"We never really talk about personal stuff a-and there's a movie I want to watch with you," she continued.

I snorted before full out bursting into laughter at the sight of her soft-girl façade, finding her personality 360° quite an amusing thing to watch.

Cecile's eyes turned wide at my laughter, not exactly expecting that as the reaction I would give.

"I-is something funny, John?" she asked, transparently turning back to her self-assured and somewhat aggressive demeanour.