Chapter VIII

꧁☾𝙹𝚎 𝚗'𝚊𝚒 𝚙𝚊𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚎 𝚃𝚒𝚝𝚛𝚎☽꧂

──────────❥───────────
More questions can keep rolling in until chapter X (ten)!

"At least you live to work another day,' my ass," I said while irritatedly using the rough side of a small, blue sponge to scrub at a stuck-on spot of food

"At least you live to work another day,' my ass," I said while irritatedly using the rough side of a small, blue sponge to scrub at a stuck-on spot of food. "I mean, if I'm a dishwasher for the rest of my time here, then I wouldn't mind being fired a little sooner!"

Zeke—who had just entered—snorted from beside me, only lifting a forearm to limit the amount of laughter when catching a look of the glare I sent his way.

He cleared his throat and carefully edged closer to my 'silently' irritated figure. "Sounds like you're having fun," he said with a snicker, lightly using a finger to prod at my shoulder.

My back hunched as I carefully dropped the plate back into the depths of the soaping water. "Haha. You're so funny, Zeke," I said as sarcastically as humanly possible.

My arms leaned on the brim on the sink—the exposed portion of skin soaking up small and excess drops of lukewarm water.

Zeke winked and placed a small stack of plates onto my already piling dishes to do. "I know, I'm such a charmer," he said, "But you better finish these fast. We're kinda' running out of dishes."

Looking at the pile of plates, cups, bowls, utensils . . . I could see that Naila was right. People really will visit town just for the smallest glimpse of those in the limelight.

It's not even dinner yet.

This is lunch's dishes.

My arms were lifted off the brim as my back straightened. "Yup! I'm onto it," I said only half-heartedly, lunging my arms carefully back into the bubbly water, making sure not to spill it, and picking up the same plate.

Zeke ruffled my hair, locks of the magenta colour getting stuck in front of my eyes. "Such determination," he said, poking fun at my job once more.

I quickly slapped his reaching hand away—droplets of water catching on his sleeve—and begun to fix the hair that hung from my head into a damp ponytail

"Alright, Zeke. You can go now. Your existence is not needed in my life at this current moment."

Zeke snickered once more, "Oh, so it's sometimes needed?"

I took my gloved hand closest to him from out of my ponytail and placed it harshly on his face as if I were a cat asking for food, creating little bubbles on the edge of his features.

Once my hand retracted, the man-child blew a raspberry at me and immediately retracted his tongue, making a sour face.

Ha. Get got, you loser.