𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐀𝐗 → 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐

(UNEDITED)

Y/n headed out the school's girl's bathroom, wiping her hands against her jeans before curling them around the backpack straps that wrapped over her shoulders. Despite the fact that her face displayed no signs of distress, her ankle was practically killing her.

It concerned her as for she'd thought her injury had healed several months ago. Nevertheless, she made her way through the bustling crowd of students.

Now a few lockers over, she found herself nearing the boy who'd melt her heart with just one look towards her direction. Will tore his gaze away from something he had been looking at in his hand. His fist curled and he swiftly put whatever he had in his jackets' pocket.

Y/n sent him a questioning look before stepping beside the troubled boy.

"Hey, are you alright? You've been acting weird."

He shrugged, his eyes trailing down to his shoes. They were being pushed from all sides as they walked towards their next class.

"I..." Will stole a quick glance from his locker. "...Yeah. I'm fine. H-how's your ankle?"

She grimaced at the question. The girl figured he noticed her limping.

"It's okay. Better than before."

『• • • ✎ • • •』

"Meet the human brain." Said Mr. Clarke, excitement clear in his voice. He gestured at a human brain display he'd set up earlier on his desk. His eyes roamed the class, only catching a few intrigued students. "I know. I know, it doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? But consider this."

Mike turned to send his sister a winning grin only realizing her attention wasn't set on the teacher like it usually was. She was busy studying the look of worry on Will's face.

"There are a hundred billion cells inside this miracle of evolution. No, no, I did not misspeak. I did not stutter. A hundred billion."

The young male was just going to throw a paper ball to retrieve his sister's attention when the classroom door swung open, interrupting Clarke's passionate monologue.

"Ah, this must be our new student."

In came a girl with flaming red hair, behind her the principal followed pursuit. All eyes landed on the annoyed teen. She continued to walk away from the front of the classroom only to be called back by Mr. Clarke.

"All right. Hold up. You don't get away that easy. Come on up. Don't be shy."

Her striking blue eyes narrowed at the teacher, her slouched figure reluctantly stepping beside him.

Mr. Clarke sent a certain curly haired boy a knowing look, "Dustin, drum roll."

No hesitation, Henderson slid his notebook aside and began to produce the suspenseful sound.

"Class, please welcome, all the way from sunny California, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine!"

"It's Max."

"Sorry?"

"Nobody calls me Maxine. It's Max."