𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊! → 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟏

QUICK A/N : ngl, this chapter sucks ass. i started it back in october and now i don't remember what type of mood(?) i was going for. so sorry about the amount of dialogue, insufficiency of descriptions, & the general lack of quality. i promise the next chapter will be more promising <33

(UNEDITED)

"OKAY, ONE MORE—" Karen Wheeler said through a heartwarming grin.

Mike's impatient groan mixed with a shutter the camera in his mother's hands produced, squinting when a sudden flash blinded both him and his sister who stood beside him, wearing a matching pout.

"Can we go to school?"

"Wait, wait, say 'Who you gonna call?'"

"Mom—!"

 ⊹₊ ⋆

"—Who you gonna call?"

"Ghostbusters!"

"Ayee, Spengler!"

The foursome secured their bike's in the rack, turning to greet Will Byers. All four boys were suited in their Ghostbusters costumes, sporting homemade Proton Packs. Y/n had dressed up as one of the only female protagonists in the Ghostbusters franchise, Janine Melnitzon. She had on round glasses, the frame a salmon hue. Underneath the red and black plaid lined jacket she wore was a gray shirt tucked into a knee-high black skirt.

"Egon!"

"Venkman—!"

Mike’s face suddenly fell when his eyes landed on Lucas, causing an instant change in dynamic.

“What?”

“Why are you Venkman?”

“...Because I’m Venkman.”

“No, I’m Venkman.”

“Why can’t there just be two Venkman’s?” Will suggested civilly.

The boy quickly dropped his hopeful smile when he realized he was on the receiving end of one of Mike’s incredulous glares.

“Because there’s only one Venkman in real life. We planned this months ago.” Y/n took a small intake of air as she prepared herself for her brother’s millionth indignant rant of the month. “I’m Venkman, Dustin’s Stantz, you’re Winston, and Y/n’s Janine.”

“So that’s who you’re supposed to be.” Dustin quipped jokingly, taking a feeble try at lightening the mood.

Lucas rolled his eyes before turning to reason with Mike.

“I specifically didn’t agree to Winston.”

“Yes, you did!”

“I’m pretty sure he didn’t.” Y/n spoke tediously. Mike looked about ready to strangle her, to which she just shrugged. “Don’t know what to tell you, bud. It’s what I remember.”

“Exactly!” Lucas exclaimed exasperatedly. “Besides, no one wants to be Winston, man.”

“What’s wrong with Winston?”

What’s wrong with Winston? He joined the team super late, he’s not funny, and he’s not even a scientist!”

“Yeah, but he’s still cool—”

“If he’s cool, then you be Winston.”

“...I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“Because…”

“Because you’re not black?”

“Guys…”

“I didn’t say that!”

“Guys…”

“You thought it.”

“Guys!”

Lucas and Mike put a pause to their arguing, the four turning to a panicked Dustin.

“Why is no one else wearing costumes?”