𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐀𝐗 → 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟓

"AFTER DINNER, I WANT you to pick out your toys for the yardsale." Mrs. Wheeler spoke, breaking the familiar silence.

The Wheeler's, all except for Nancy, sat around their rather dingy dining table eating their meal, the only thing illuminating their plates being a vast lamp on a brown, single cabinet cupboard. Mike's head lifted at his mother's decided statement.

"Fine."

"Two boxes worth."

Y/n braced herself for Mike's incoming outburst.

"Two boxes?"

"You heard me."

"I'm fine with you giving away a couple but the other ones have way too much emotional value!"

Karen scoffed, her unhesitant eyes meeting her son's own. "Emotional value?" Mr. Wheeler gave into a matching scoff of agreement. "They're hunks of plastic, Michael."

"I beg to differ." Y/n retorted in an unwavering tone. "What about all those vinyl records dad has collected over the years-?"

"Those are expensive."

"Well, if you add up the money spent on Mike's collectables, you'll see that they are just as expensive and hold much emotional value."

Mr. Wheeler waved her off, not even addressing his daughter properly as he continued to bring up his counterargument. "Again with the emotional value?"

Y/n refrained from pouncing on her father out of anger. Her day had been difficult enough with her sorrow for Will, aching ankle, and unresponsive El. She definitely didn't need her usually neglectful father to suddenly have a say in something that didn't affect him nor did he give a crap about. Instead, she spoke through gritted teeth. "Need me to bring the dictionary?"

She suddenly felt a blow of pain in said ankle, quickly realizing her mother had kicked her under the table to have her bite her tongue. "That's enough, young la-!"

"I agree with Y/n." Mike interjected, sending his twin a fleetingly short but thankful grin.

"If you didn't want to lose more toys, you shouldn't have stolen from Nancy."

It was Mike's turn to issue an annoyed scoff of his own. "I didn't steal. I borrowed."

"Oh, and you didn't curse out Mr. Kowalski last week either, right? Or plagiarize that essay? Or graffiti that bathroom stall?"

"Everyone graffitis the bathroom stall."

"So if your friend jumps off a cliff, you're gonna jump off, too?" Mr. Wheeler questioned.

"Its been done before." Y/n replied, earning another boot to her ankle which brought tears to her eyes.

Another wave of silence washed over the family, the only sound being the clinking of the silverware against the plate. Karen then sighed and placed her glass back on the table.

"Look, we know the both of you have had a hard year. But we've been patient. This isn't strike one. This isn't even strike three-"

"It's strike twenty. You're on the bench, son." Ted used his fork to gesture towards Y/n. "As for you, if you keep up that attitude, you're breaking your brother's record. If it'd been my coach, you'd be lucky to still be on the team."

"Two boxes. Two."

( A/N - hello!! i sincerely apologize for the wait, but here it is!! another chapter and a new format!! this is more of a filler, i have way more planned for the next chapter. hope you guys are having a wonderful morning/afternoon/night, love you <33

p.s - if you're interested, i've published my new five hargreeves fic a couple of weeks ago!! i'd love to see you there

- ➷ ʏᴜʟɪᴇ )