𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐀𝐗 → 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟑

(UNEDITED)

"There's no way that's Mad Max." Mike scoffed from the back of the group.

The four boys gazed at the new student, Max, from behind the fence as she boarded across the school yard. Y/n (the only one who seemed to think watching the new girl was completely wrong) shook her head in a disregarding way as the autumn breeze combed through her h/c hair.

"Instead of stalking the poor girl, why don't you just ask her?"

"That'd be stupid." Dustin rolled his eyes then went on to mutter something about associating with the enemy.

Y/n raised an eyebrow, pushing herself off the wall she was leaning against. "Stupider than this?"

"Either way, it's kind of obvious. Her name is Max." Lucas spoke up, his dark eyes trailing after the ginger.

"So?" asked Mike.

"So, how many Max's do you know?"

"I don't know."

"Zero. That's how many."

Dustin nodded in agreement. "Yeah, and she shows up at school the day after someone with her same name breaks our top score. I mean, you kidding me?"

"Exactly. So she's gotta be Mad Max."

"And plus she skateboards, so she's pretty awesome."

Mike faced Dustin with an incredulous look.

"Awesome? You haven't even spoken a word to her." He spoke in an unbelieving tone.

"I don't have to. I mean, look at her!" Henderson gestured towards the place where Max stood, soon noticing her missing presence. "Shit. I've lost the target."

Y/n issued an exasperated sigh, watching the boys search the yard from behind the safety of the fence. "Now she's a target?"

Will couldn't help but feel guilt wash over him at her irk, stopping his hunt. He sent Dustin a slight glare when he loudly announced, "Found her!"

The group scurried to Dustin's side, save for Y/n, spotting Max over on the stairwell, dropping something in a garbage bin bellow.

Y/n facepalmed when Henderson and Sinclair exchanged knowing looks.

"You're not going to do it, are you? You two are better than this."

They shrugged, the both of them racing towards the trash can once the ginger entered the school building. Mike reluctantly followed suit, leaving Will and Y/n behind. The boy was patiently helping Wheeler hop on her pain-free leg, which the school nurse had given her a useless ice pack for earlier that day.

Once arriving, the three cringed as they witnessed Lucas and Dustin dig through the trash for the desired object.

"Got it!"

The boys eagerly unfolded the familiar paper, jaws dropping when they read the inside. Y/n peered over Lucas' shoulder, instantly doubling over into a fit of laughter.

'STOP SPYING ON ME
CREEPS!'

"Well, shit."

The single girl in the group ignored the scowls she was receiving from her two friends as she continued her uncontrollable giggling.

"Serves you- right-!"

"-Will Byers."

They turned to face their approaching principal. The man wore a grim expression.

"Your mother's here."

Will subtly frowned, the action instantly changing the playful demeanor that previously hung above the group.