Chapter Fourteen

Ooh, what a chilly glare, Kiyotaka...

"Relax, I don't know what you mean."

"Don't think I haven't seen you following me and watching me."

"Heehee, of course you'd notice, 'masteriece' haha!"

A confused look dawned his face, or maybe it was more disbelief rather than confusion.

"Excuse me?"

"I said 'masterpiece', does that ring a bell by chance? Maybe it tugs a certain string? Maybe more... surely you realised how I know how much better you are then everyone right? Or haven't you figured out yet? Hmm, I'd expect you to realise by now Kiyotaka."

"So you're from the White Room... are you coming to bring me back?"

"Why would I ever do that? After all, I very much respect you! And why would I want to send you back, when I can just watch you from here? It's sad though that you don't remember me..."

"I've never met you".

I faked wiping a tear as he said that.

"Oh well, when did you notice out I was following you?"

"When Kushida was following me around all day".

"Ohhhhn yes! I remember that one!" I grabbed my stomach and laughed deeply. "She was a right bitch if I'm honest! Who does she think she is!? She will only survive because of short-term pathcy solutions, unlike you or I."

Yup, I remember it clearly.

Flashback

After grabbing the stalker and dragging her into an alleyway away from God, I laughed.

"Why are you stalking our classmate Kushida?"

"What do you mea-"

I roughly stood on her foot, my smile disappearing instantaneously. She shrieked out in pain, but I covered her mouth.

"Listen you bitch, don't you dare interfere with him"

I felt her muffle 'him?' through my hand, and I stomped harder.

"Got it?"

She nodded quickly, and I let go.

"Ren... what's your relationship with Ayanōkōji?"

"Hmm, if I had to describe it, I'd say oneway obsession for entertainment purpises, and who he is to me? I guess my friend? Or maybe my rival, or my partner, I guess it just depends!".

Flashback end

"I didn't say anything too important to her though"

"Good. But I need to know, what place are you ranked in the White Room?"

"Hm? Well I guess I could tell you..." I smiled non-dramatically and casually, almost as if this were an everyday conversation about a typical subject. "Unrankable. Although I'm usually spoken as being joint first."

"What?" Despite clearly being shocked more than he ever thought was possible, Ayanokouji kept his calm and his voice never changed. Impressive.

"If you are ranked first like me, then why do you seem so different than me? You seem significantly too relaxed in this place, around me especially... Are you trying to prove your better than me?"

"Better than you? No, I'd prefer not do that. Rather, it's purely because it's fun. It's coincidental we are both here, since I came here because I heard Arisu Sakayanagi was. In fact, I was quite shocked seeing you here honestly. "