Chapter Seventeen

^ Neat graphic thingy ^

VOLUME 2
~~~~~~~~~~

Ren Hono's PoV
------------------------

Walking onto class today, I realised that it would be particularly raucous. Why? Because it'll be the first time we will actually have received points additional to the original 100,000PP that most people wasted. The 1st of July. Since we wasted those 1000 class-points, taking our income of private points from 100,000 per month to 0, i could only expect low and hope for higher.

How many points would we get? Who knows, all depends on that stipud little S-System they have in place. What a pain in the ass.

Obviously since I don't know our current class points until the end of the month, I have no way of knowing how many we're gonna get; not that it mattered much to me, but money makes the world go round you know?

More points we have, the more loopholes we can exploit, I believe.

Anyways, my rant is over, looking around the class like a scanner, observing the excited faces, I approached my desk and then too my seat behind Kiyotaka Ayanokouji's desk

Still find it funny that upon escaping 'that place', he finds himself with a white room student staring down his spine all day, literally.

Chiyabashira-Sensei: “Good morning, everyone. You all seem more restless than usual today.”

Chiyabashira-Sensei strode into the classroom as the homeroom bell rang.

Ike: "Sae-chan-sensei! Do we have zero points again this month?! When I checked this morning, I didn’t see a single point deposited into my account!”

Chiyabashira-sensei: "Oh, so that’s why you’re all so restless?”

Ike: "We worked ourselves half to death this past month! We passed the midterm, so why are we still at zero points?! No one’s been late or absent, and no one’s talked during class, either!”

Wow, he sounds like these few points he's gonna get are gonna be his lifeline. Should've spent thise 100,000 well, I suppose.

Chiyabashira-Sensei: "Don’t jump to conclusions. Listen to what I have to say first. You’re correct, Ike. You have all worked harder than ever before. I recognize that, and the school does too."

After being admonished by the teacher, Ike shut his mouth and sat back down. It's about time as well.

Chiyabashira-Sensei: “Well then. Without further ado, here are this month’s point totals.” She put a paper up on the board that listed the point values, starting with Class A at the top.

Excluding Class D, all of the other classes had nearly 100 more points than last month. Class A now sat at 1004 points, slightly
above where everyone had started when we were admitted.

Horikita: “This isn’t good. Could they have figured out a way to increase their
point total?!”

Sat diagonally in front of me, neighbouring Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, Horikita Suzune, appeared solely focused on the other
classes. However, Ike and most of the other Class D students didn’t care much about the other classes’ points.

The important question for them was
whether we had received more class points. That was it.

Written next to Class D was our point total: 87 points.

Ike: "Huh? Wait, 87? Does that mean we actually went up? Yahoo!” Ike excitedly jumped up and down the instant he saw our score.

Horikita: "It’s too early to celebrate. All the other classes saw a similar increase in their points. We didn’t close the distance at all. This might just be a reward first-year students receive for getting through the midterm. Every class seems to have gotten at least 100 points.”