Chapter Five

Chapter Five: Love is Desperate

Back at the Moon Kingdom ✦

Nightmare's frustration soon died down, it was only a small episode, he would soon return to his usual routines like checking to make sure that the kingdom was running smoothly, and what the members of the castle doing by simply checking the rooms that most did their business in. For example, Lust was at the bar doing drugs or Horror in the foyer sharpening his axe. One thing was off, Killer would be out of his room wandering around the castle by now but the boy was nowhere to be found, if Killer wasn't wandering around the castle he would be by Nightmare's side pestering the emperor with many things.

Nightmare quickly noticed that the boy was gone, he was honestly worried, which was strange for the scary lord. Along with this odd behavior Nightmare went on a small search throughout the castle for him looking around for Killer. Nothing in this situation was adding up, Killer rarely ever goes out without telling anyone and where was he now? Nightmare instantly started to panic. Similar to Killer, Nightmare rarely left the castle on his own. The emperor decided to go out and continue the search for Killer on his own, telling no one that he left. Nightmare calls out for the companion, "Killer!" he yells, once a bit away from the castle he glances around to see if anyone had heard him.

While Nightmare is yelling on the Moon Kingdom's side, Killer passed over to the Sun Kingdom undetected. Killer passed through the darkness of the night to reach the castle. Once there he climbed onto the high balcony, glancing down to the kingdom below, feeling queasy at the feeling of being up so high, he turned to the glass double doors. With ease Killer pushed them open, approaching the sleeping emperor.

Killer personally couldn't sleep most of the time, why not check on Cross' progress. So tonight he stares at the emperor, his crush's brother. Killer's thoughts were blood thirsty, he wanted to hurt something. Seeing how Dream's nose twitched, his slender finger curl, his body shift, the sheets crinkle, seeing how his own ominous aura affected the youthful lord's sleep, everything to him was so intriguing. It was interesting to Killer how his presence can make people feel uncomfortable and make their skin crawl. Killer was unaware of Nightmare's stressful search for him, as his eyes pierce through Dream's head lost in his own toxic thoughts.

Nightmare searched practically the whole forest for the boy, despite being tired he continued the desperate search, refusing to rest or fall asleep. He wasn't even thinking of going home until the boy was found. Unaware of Killer's intentions at the Sun Kingdom, and what will happen to the somewhat beloved emperor.

Killer taps the edge of his knife against the side of his leg humming softly until his hand raised to his face resting the edge of the knife against his cheek. The soft tune of his humming turned into a sadistical laugh emerging from his lips before trying to calm the laughter, it subsiding to a low chuckle before the laughter returns. The thought of killing him- oh 'master' will be so proud- the thoughts suddenly stopped. What if 'master' was disappointed since master wants to kill him, his brother, he would be upset if anyone but him would kill Dream. The two obsessive thoughts clashed in his mind he was pumped with adrenaline and hormones along with confusion that filled his head. What will he do? What should he do?

Nightmare still couldn't manage to find Killer in the Moon Kingdom, the urge to cross the boarder and find Killer became too strong as he passed over the border. He continued the treacherous search for the beloved murderer. It didn't help that Nightmare hasn't gone over the boarder in a long time. He steered clear from civilization, and for any sign of people or of life for that matter.

Killer's breakdown only worsened as he remembered how the normal people who travel into the Moon Kingdom were terrified of him, knowing that Killer kills people. They knew that he doesn't take kindly to new people. Killer's cackle laughter soon turns into a quiet sob as more negative emotions spill out. As he sobs, he mumbles words that become slurred with his lips and his tongue unwilling to cooperate. His thoughts were stated aloud of how much of a disappointment and how Nightmare must feel dissatisfied with Killer. How dissatisfied he was with Killer's love for his emperor. While Killer was panicking, Nightmare continued to search, anyone that came in contact with Nightmare was deemed with a deathly glare as he continued his journey. Suddenly he was sort of draw to a strong negative energy, clearly making it easier for him to find where Killer was, however, he stop near the castle wall, having heard Killer's sobs.