Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: Too Late

✦ At the Sun Kingdom ✦

Warning: this chapter mentions intendancy (briefly), if you are not comfortable with mentions of sex/sexual actions please do not proceed. 

It had been two weeks since Cross was assigned the mission of infiltrating the Sun Kingdom, and so far it has been successful. Well, mostly successful, there was a small issue. Cross had convinced himself that he is in love with the Sun Kingdom's emperor.

Cross was pacing back and forth in the room he was residing in, he had previously decided that today was the day he would tell Dream his feelings towards him! He came to this abrupt reason that he had romantic feelings towards Dream due to the likely chance he could be called back to the Moon Kingdom at any time. There was no chance to drag his feet, he had to act and act fast! No hesitation can be tolerated!

The routine knock could be heard from a maid to call everyone down for breakfast.

When Cross came out of the room, Dream was walking slightly ahead of him. The emperor was wearing the usual formal uniform and his hood up, he had plenty of meetings today so he will be busy. After seeing Dream in his attire Cross decided that he won't do it yet, and instead leave it off to the end of the day. Perhaps bring Dream to that beautiful room Chara had told him about! Wouldn't that be perfect?

As Cross was thinking, Chara butted in, "Are you sure that's a good idea Cross?" He asked as Cross followed Dream to the dining table. The table was empty due except two plates for Dream and Cross, sadly everyone else on adventures currently.

After Chara said that Cross paused, a hand on the chair he was about to sit in and his posture was like a statue, stuck in motion. His stance wasn't centered so he took another step forward to keep balance, once he was stable he glared at Chara who was floating next to him. "Is there something special about -" Cross stopped himself, glancing over to Dream before looking back over to Chara who shrugged. Cross didn't even bother to finish his sentence, instead he started a new sentence saying "If it holds importance then we should leave it alone." After he said that he pulled his chair away from the table and sat down. Cross didn't want to disturb something special that Dream created, it didn't feel right to him.

Chara gave him a look as if he was stupid before he explaining himself, "it's a locked room... of course he doesn't want people to be in there." He grumbles, staring at Cross with a slight frown.

Cross glanced over his food then looks over at Dream then Chara, luckily Dream was talking to the butler about business stuff. After confirming that Dream was distracted Cross whispered "Alright alright, I guess just bringing him to the forest" he paused before his breath hitched. Gasping as he connects the dots, "maybe where we met." He said happily, thinking back to those moments from a few weeks ago was already foggy due to the chance of getting hit on the head as he was escaping from Dust.

While Cross was thinking back to when he met Dream, Chara butts in. "That could work, but wouldn't the garden be better?" He suggests, Chara was trying to get away from the original idea of the locked room as much as possible but make it easy to guide Dream elsewhere. As the silence in Cross' head continues he gave a subtle nod. Despite Cross' cold and calm outer shell, he was freaking out internally. After another pause of silence Chara spoke up again "how about you think about what you will say to him." He suggested. Despite Chara and Cross not always seeing eye to eye, Chara cared about Cross and occasionally did things in Cross' best interest.