Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Quickly Settle

Cross decided not to ask Dream about hunting animals, he could be considered a threat if he brought up the topic of murder, "let's just not kill anybody or anything." He was getting real annoyed at Chara real quick. Chara just loudly groans and complains yelling "boring!" Dream's face was confused as he looked at the other he doesn't seem bad, but his ghost friend does sound bad. He will take note of that.

Cross shook his head, "We aren't killing anything, you're going to have to deal with it Chara" Cross sternly spoke not wanting to ruin this mission. Chara finally gives in scoffing "fine." Clearly knowing he won't get it any other way. Dream cautiously approached "Uh- sir are you okay?" He said a slight nervous tone. Cross turned to him, "I'm fine, just talking to my friend" he quickly turns his head glaring at Chara. "Well- is your friend a ghost by chance?" Dream questioned unsure if it was rude to ask such a thing. Cross gently nods turning once again towards the emperor, "I suppose you could say that." Dream hummed curious slightly getting flustered at the next question he plans to ask since it could be very personal and could easily become dangerous "may I see your soul?" Dream politely asked. Cross glances at the smaller slightly surprised glancing down at where his soul is he sighs agreeing, he wasn't sure if he had an opinion in this situation either way. He reluctantly showed Dream his soul, he didn't exactly like looking at it himself so he glances away and a hand goes behind his skull to nervously scratch the back of it.

Dream looks at it pleasantly surprised at how the souls mended, however, are still split into two. He was about to touch it but stops knowing it might affect the monster, he looks up at Cross smiling then looking back down at the soul. The monster's soul the right side was his soul to the left it was a crimson red that belongs to the ghost who seems to be a human somehow even if humans don't live here any more, they are extinct but it's flowing with determination. Cross seemed slightly confused but simply ignored the motion Dream made, he didn't exactly want to ruin Dream's fun. Though he had to admit that the smaller skeleton was rather adorable with his mannerisms, and he had an absolutely amazing smile, especially with the cute glimmer in his eye. As Dream looks up at him the smile only grows more "thank you for letting me see your soul I appreciate it very much."

Cross looked at the smaller with a blank stare blinking lightly, "it's really no problem." He spoke clearly, even if he still looked composed or even dull on the outside he finally realized what Chara meant by 'your gay brain is acting up'. He kept thinking of these strange and simply unusual things, they all seemed to be targeted at Dream, not a single one was negative, all positive towards the lord. Dream's smile was soft and sweet, the aura was warm and comforting. While Cross was in his thoughts Dream softly chuckles taking off his hood as it's on most of the time. He softly looks up at him "would you like me to show you to your room?" His voice was smooth and kind.

Cross takes the offer by slowly nodding, he would prefer if Dream showed him his room instead of one of those crazy maids. Additionally, he didn't mind Dream's company especially compared to the others, which he prefers not to socialize with. Dream hummed a soothing tune as he swiftly turns and approached the stairs with ease once going up the stairs he goes down the hallway of rooms leading him to the room next to his own. Cross was following close behind Dream, almost even right behind the other, he usually despised of any sound, or humming in general, however, he couldn't bring himself to say something to the other about his humming. It was clear, when Dream was humming, that he was a singer at some point. In times like this, he was actually glad that he still wore his large fluffy jacket that he kept when he changed, it was perfect for hiding the small traces of gray blush that was spread across his cheeks.