Chapter 3: "𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘 𝑖𝑠 '𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑖 𝑜𝑓 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑜𝑟'?"

3rd POV

It turned out that Lea was very much like Jason and it was probably why she seemed to get along with Dick and Tim. One of the things she had in common with Jason was that she too had teared up at the sight of dinner.

"Confit de canard, Masters and Miss." Alfred said as he placed the meals down in front of everybody at the table.

Panicked, Lea leaned over to Jason and whispered, "What the fuck is 'Confetti of Connor'? " This causing Jason to snicker along with Dick and Tim who sat close and heard her little comment.

Damien only rolled his eyes and glared. Why is she even here and why is she still here after what she did earlier?

-Flashback-

And she was 𝚖𝚎𝚣𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚣𝚎𝚍.

The heat seemed to rush to her cheeks as she stared into the green eyes that glared at her.

Damien walked down the stairs, looked at her up and down and quickly decided that she wasn't worth his time, and turned to Jason.

'HE CHECKED ME OUT' Lea screamed in her head.

"Todd. I see you've decided to come back. What type of trash did you drag in with you?" Damien said sharply.

Now Lea would've definitely reacted to his voice but this asshole just insulted her.

'I know he did not just refer to me as trash.' Lea thought quickly pushing her feeling down, her eyes filled with offense.

"Hey asshole. Do I look like trash to you? I can't blame you though. You look like a spoiled brat with no friends whose been locked up in here forever so I doubt you know what a female looks like." She said him sarcastically causing everybody to react.

Bruce and Alfred raising an eyebrow, Dick gasping, and Tim and Jason simultaneously slapping their hands onto their mouths to muffle their laughter.

Damien snapped his head back to her; his glare now more heated due to what she just called him.

"Excuse me? What did you just say to me?" Damien snarled trying to keep his anger at bay.

'I can't hit her or else Father will keep me from patrol,' Damien thought clenching his fists to try and calm himself down. Then he saw the amusement in her eye. 'BUT SHES MAKING THIS SO DAMN HARD.' He screamed in his mind, eye twitching.

"You're excused but I didn't know you were deaf as well. Lucky for you, I know ASL as well." She smirked as she repeated what she said earlier in sign.

"Why you..." Damien growled started stepping forward to harm her.

"Damien that's enough." Bruce said. "It's getting late and it's almost time for dinner. Everybody wash up. We don't have time for fights."

Damien settled with just trying to set her on fire with his glare.
'I'll get you for this..' He vowed gritting his teeth.

Lea only gave him a cheeky sarcastic smile with her hand making a V with her fingers for 'Victory!'.

-Flashback Over-

Just thinking about it made him stab at his plate with his fork.

Not that Lea cared.

Across the table, she daydreamed as she ate her food.

'Not gonna lie, the hand soap they have in the bathroom is 10 out of 10. Five stars.' Lea thought as she munched on the fancy French meal, thinking about just how smooth the soap had made her hands.

Dick cleared his throat causing everybody at the table to look to him.

"So Lea, Jay, how exactly did you meet?" He asked.

Lea and Jason glanced at each other then gave and answer at the same time.

"I picked her off the street out of the goodness of my heart."

"I broke into his shitty apartment for a couple slices of bread."

It was fair to say Tim was doing a terrible job at hiding his laughter and while Alfred who stood off to side had not said anything it was clear to see the amusement in his eyes.

"I see..." Dick said in a confused tone.

Damien scoffed.
"Well then which was it? Did you pick her up off the side of the road like it was a garage sale or did she break into your god awful flat Todd?"

"I'll have you know that if I were ever being sold, not even you could afford me, Rich Boy." Lea said not even bothered as she continued munching on her meal.

"Bold of you to assume you'd be bought, Trash Junkie." Damien snarled in retort.

"Ooh I'm crying. That really hurt. Boohoo." Lea mocked.

"Why don't we just calm down." Dick said trying to diffuse the situation.

"I put 20 bucks on the Demon Spawn." Tim said leaning over to Jason.

"Nah man. You don't know Lea. I bet she wins." Jason said with confidence.

Bruce only sighed. Usually it was between his sons and he had expected at least Damien to be civil towards a guest but he was tired. He would rather just watch from the side. It was also not in Alfred's contract that he had to break up fights so Alfie just minded his bees wax like "y'all hear sum?".

"Yeah it must hurt having to see your face in the mirror every morning." Damien said with a bitter smile.

"Not as much as the loss of brain cells that I experience every time you speak." Lea spat.

"I didn't know you could go into the negative with brain cells." Damien shot at her. (A/N: y'all I'm running out of verbs and adjectives)

"That's surprising considering you were the first recorded case of pure dumbass. Considering that you're a fool who can't tell the difference between female and trash." Lea said with venom.

"Oh I see I guess I was wrong. It's your mother who's the one with negative braincells. She's obviously an idiot for not giving you up for adoption for being a pain in the ass." Damien hissed.

There was silence so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"ahaha... I don't think he meant that Lea. Don't get fired up." Jason nervously chuckled his eyes screaming at her to take his words seriously.

"Oh but I did. And it's obvious she inherited the stupidity if she can't understand that." Damien smirked in victory at the sight of the girl who had her head faced down. Her hair curtaining her face and hands clenched.

"Damien..." Dick warned him.

It was too late. The damage was done.

Lea murmured something.

"What was that? Your pathetic comeback?" Damien said head tilted in mock curiosity.

"I said. Don't talk about my mother like that." Lea growled out.

"What're you gonna do about it, Trash Junkie?" Damien childishly taunted.

Jason quickly crossed himself and started to pray for Damien.

"I'm gonna do this, Asshat." Lea said before jumping over the table in fury.

𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎.

Word count: 1154 words