chapter 2

Aurora:
  Austin eventually came downstairs after a couple of hours and he was covered in a thin layer of sweat, he looked tired, but why? What had been doing? What had caused all of this?
  “Right, I am sick and tired of this. I know that you are hiding something and it is annoying me because I didn't think we kept secrets from each other, so spill the beans. What are you hiding?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest, but he just stood there smiling at me.
  “I’m sorry, but I am now ready to show you.” Austin said, taking my hand in his and leading me upstairs, back up to our room.
  “Close your eyes and trust me.” Austin said and even though I was annoyed with his behaviour I wanted to get this over and done with so I could find out what he had been doing. I closed my eyes and heard as Austin opened the bedroom door, then he took my hands and led me into the room.
  “Okay, stay right there and don't open your eyes until I say so.” Austin said and I nodded. He let go of my hands and I felt him move away from me, but I was still doing as he had asked, keeping my eyes closed and standing in the same spot. I was getting really nervous now and I guessed he could feel it because he started chuckling.
  “Okay, you can open your eyes now.” Austin said and as soon as I opened them I was blown away, I was so shocked and surprised. There were rose petals all over the floor and bed, a mixture of white, red, pink and orange. There were candles lit everywhere and the lights had been dimmed right the way down, but what surprised me the most was Austin. He was right in front of me, down on one knee holding a small box in his hand and a single red rose in the other. Was he doing what I think he was doing?
  “Aurora, I love you with all my heart, I have waited years to find you and now that I have I can't ever imagine my life without you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to grow old and have pups with you. I love you. Will you marry me?” Austin asked, as I covered my mouth with my hand, holding back a gasp.
  “Yes. YES! YES! A thousand times yes. I will marry you. I love you too.” I said, my words coming out shaky as I started to cry with happiness. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately, showing him all the love I had for him. Austin pulled away from me slightly and wiped my tears away, all the time grinning from ear to ear.
  “Thank goddess for that, I was so nervous about this. I’m sorry I had to keep it a secret, but I wanted everything to be perfect for my perfect mate.” Austin said, opening the box and revealing the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. He placed it on my finger and I couldn't get the smile off my face, this was amazing, perfect, beautiful and nothing like I had ever imagined, this was so much better.
  “I love you and at least now I know what you were being so secretive about. This is perfect, you are perfect and I love you so, so much.” I said, hugging him and kissing him. We spent the rest of the day in bed, making love to one another and basking in each other's company and love. This isn't a fairytale, this was so much better because it was something that was really happening and it was even more magical than a fairytale. I felt as if nothing could go wrong in our lives, but then again I had been wrong before and who knows what the future holds for us. It could be good or it could be bad and even though we were both happy at the moment, I had this terrible sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that something was going to happen, something bad was coming. I just didn't know what it was….