Chapter 3: Framed

Previously...

His eyes glowed a light blue color as his body gave off a white, powerful aura. He flashed a sinister grin at the people standing before him.

Zirian took a step back out of fear. "Wait.... W-who is he?"

----------

The field was littered with the bodies of New Boston's students. Every single kid was beaten to the point of being unconscious. The authorities arrived at the scene after receiving an anonymous phone call.

"Jeez, who do you think could have done this?" One officer asked.

"Not sure, but they must have been really powerful. A high-tier, at least." Another officer answered.

"Indeed."

Both officers turned around and saw the face of their superior, Keon, walking towards the scene.

"O-oh, mister Keon! We didn't expect you here so soon!" Officer Turner exclaimed.

"Hmph, I got here as fast as I could." Keon walked alongside the two officers to view the damage. What he saw was truly alarming.

Some doctors, nurses, and healers from the authorities were on the scene, tending to the unconscious students. Most kids looked to be in their second year of high school, beaten and thrashed to the point of shattering the skull into fragments. If Keon could describe the damage done to these poor people, were they cripples in a world without power, they more than likely would have been dead. That thought alone sent a chill down his spine.

Thankfully, such a world does not exist and these kids should be fine in a matter of weeks. Still, for someone to cause this much damage with little to no regard for their lives, was troubling.

'If this really is the work of a high-tier- no, God-tier, then they need to be set up straight.' He thought.

"Um, sir?" Officer Keithster grabbed Keon's attention.

"Hmmm, what is it?"

"Do you have any idea who could have done this much damage?"

Keon let out a deep sigh, "I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with the people in this area and their power levels. I do know one thing..." He turned back at the carnage. "This person WILL be caught and taught a VERY strong lesson."

One of the healers came running to the group, gathering the attention of Keon and the other two officers.

"Mr. Keon! Come quickly! One of the students is barely conscious, but muttering something that might be important!" She told them.

Keon and company rushed to one of the tents set up to tend to the injured. Entering, they saw one older student with light blue hair, tossing and turning in his bed. He seemed to have the least injuries out of all of the New Boston students here. Still, they were enough to put him in a bed with I.V.'s in his arm.

Keon walked over to the side of the bed and lowered his head down to get a better listen to what the boy was muttering.

".... .... ... .. .... ....." Keon took note of the boy's words. He slowly started to piece together exactly what happened. However, before he could hear the finer details of the assailant, like what he looked like or his name, Zirian fell back into a deep sleep.

Keon stood straight up and backed away from the bed, allowing the healer to finish her job and prepare the boy's trip to the hospital. He and the other officers exited the tent with Keon in deep thought.

"Well, what did he say?" Turner asked.

Keon continued to think to himself, his hand pressed against his chin, his eyes closed and his ears deaf. Finally, he opened his eyes and spoke. "We're not dealing with the average ability user."