Chapter 1: The Ambush

New Boston- Open Field

Claire was making preparations for John's arrival. It took some convincing, but she was able to get Zirian on her side to be able to talk to John. With Zirian's following, they had a total of twenty students who fell victim to John's rampages. 'Hopefully, John will listen to their words instead of just punching his way through this.' she thought to herself. She turned to see the people who agreed to be here and heard their thoughts as they spoke aloud.

"What's taking so long?!"

"Yeah, I'm getting sick of waiting!"

Zirian walked up to Claire with his arms crossed. "He better show up! I didn't bring all these people here for nothing."

She looked up at him, "Don't worry." She turned to the rest of the people and spoke loudly, "Remember, everyone...! When he gets here... Make sure to not activate your abilities! We'll talk first! Fight only if we have to!"

As she spoke her words, she could hear their responses, which weren't too pleasant.

"Jeez, shut up already!"

"Why do we have to listen to her?"

"Does she even know what she's talking about?"

Claire ignored their words and turned to face an empty field, waiting for John to show up. She thought back to her last vision and remembered the image that showed up as well as her conversation with Zirian. But something about her vision and the conversation sent a chill down her spine that she couldn't explain.

*A Few Days Ago*

Claire sat in her room crying as she remembered the words of all the students who talked about her and the tyrant king, John.

"Look, it's her. John's lapdog."

"Guess her little visions aren't doing him any more good."

"Psh, well I don't feel bad for her. I mean, isn't she the one who made him like this to begin with?"

"It's her fault the school's such a mess!"

They weren't wrong, she knew that, but it still hurt to hear those words coming from the mouths of students who suffered under John's reign. New Boston was in shambles all because of her. She had created a monster. She wants to stop him, not only to save the other students but to save her friend. She knew John was destroying himself. What he was doing was following everything he hated about society. She wants to stop him. She needs to stop him!

Then, she received another vision. It was blurry at first, but as it began to clear, her eyes began to spark. She felt an overload of aura burst through her eyes as she tried to make sense of her vision. This caused her to double back in pain as the image started to shift.

"ARRRGGGHH!!! OW OW OW!!" Claire cried out in pain. She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand to try to ease the pain and wipe away her tears. She began focusing on the image again and she made out a picture of her facing John with a group of students behind her.

One of those students was Zirian.

The next day, Claire waited till after the school day was over to search for New Boston's Jack. She spotted him walking away from her direction. She started running towards him, unknowingly being followed by a certain spiky haired blonde.

"Zirian!" Claire shouted trying to get his attention.

"Huh? What do you want?" He question, not looking to pleased with her.